lifespeachy82

Need help with my flooring decision

Sarah
9 år siden
Hi, I'm currently building a house and still undecided with what flooring I'm going to run with, I have come across a couple of websites which do epoxy and polymer modified cement coatings, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice in going down this path? Pros... cons.... any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm loving the look, choice and ease of cleaning ideas of it, but still not 100% sold.
I have linked to a couple of web sites below.

www.hawkconcretefloorcoatings.com.au/concrete-solutions/

www.concretesolutionswa.com.au

(8) kommentarer

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    8 år siden

What did you end up going with Sarah?

• Sarah
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

The house is still being built, but at this stage I'm thinking tiles... I'm just not 100% sure on the epoxy coatings. Can't seem to find enough information/reviews on it other than supplier's websites which of course are only going to say good things so going the safer tried and tested tiles option.

• hagan_38
    7 år siden
    Hi Sarah we were going through the same debate with our new build. I am not a fan of tiles as I hate cleaning grout, hard timber wasn't an option with a dog so we were going with timber laminate till I discovered the epoxy flooring system. We are taking a chance and getting that done. It sounds great and really easy to look after. We are getting it done 11/7. Decided on the flake epoxy floor. Good luck with your decision. It isn't easy.
  • PRO
    SG2 architects + interiors
    7 år siden

Hi Sarah, I guess it depends also on the style of your house. Epoxy coatings can look great in a contemporary addition, but may look a bit odd in a more "traditional-style" home. An advantage with epoxy coatings are often cost per m2, but you need to have a pretty level floor to avoid noticing imperfections. Finishing screeds can be pricey if you need to apply them first. Another advantage with epoxy is that there are plenty of colours and finishes to choose from.

Best of luck with it all.

• E L
    7 år siden
    Hi hagan,
    Would recommend the epoxy floor? Are you happy with the result? I'd love to see a photo!
    Thanks el
  • E L
    7 år siden
    WOW Hagen... That looks fantastic!! Very impressed.

Thanks for including the photos. I especially like the hallway one because you can really see the texture/detail in the sunlight. I'll be using these pics to convince my husband! Lol

Can I ask, which brand or company did you use? I've googled epoxy floors to death but I'm still struggling a bit.
  • hagan_38
    7 år siden
    EL we are in country SA and used a local contractor. Where are you located? There are some really good companies out there. My husband wasn't sure either when I suggested it but he loves it now. There is a texture to the floor. It isn't smooth like polished concrete. I like the texture though. Cleaning is a breeze. I just vacuum once a week and give it a mop after. It never looks dirty and has a really nice sheen to it.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.