olena1968

How can I decorate this corner?

olena1968
11 år siden
sidst ændret:11 år siden
Picture covers window (this window had to be covered somehow). I want to put some console table or something (??) over this heating unit, so I would cover the unit and make a good look of that corner in general.
What would you recommend?

(39) kommentarer

• PRO
    Durpetti Interiors
    11 år siden
    Yes, you are on the right track, a long console table is your best bet. You likely need to get something that is open so you do not block your heating unit. On that note, I would get something in a material that will not be damaged by the heat, many woods will warp. I would recommend sticking with metals and stone. Best of luck!
  • BLUEPRINT AFRICA
    11 år siden
    Not to be too radical but would you consider making the radiator a focal point as opposed to trying to hide it, perhaps painting in the a color that matches the artwork above?

See this photo: http://pinterest.com/pin/89157267592626106/

I did this for a friend and it completely changed the way she looked at the space and the 'problem'. Otherwise you have already gotten some good advice here!
  • charleee
    11 år siden
    Scott's first table - love it! I think it would be perfect.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Thanks, guys!! You were very helpful. Loved Scott's versions of consoles with iron legs. Although I have some doubts - will iron legs match with wooden cabinets on the sides?
  • bwenk
    11 år siden
    Yes it will match and his tables would work with the art that u have
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Thanks. Will try to find something similar to Scott's recomendations.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Will I need to put some more decorations on that console table? Or the existing picture will be enough?
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    There are many examples of radiator cover that doubles a console table.
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 år siden
    David's idea is Chic and Practical as it can act as a Console as well .
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Look what came out with the console table issue. Tell me your opinion, please.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 år siden
    Lord have mercy, what have you there? The yellow border is not part of your piece of art, or is it? Would you be willing to post pictures of the rest of your room so we can see everything you have in its entirety?
  • PRO
    Mogulinterior
    11 år siden
    You can add antique sideboard that gives bohemian look to the corner
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Karen, yellow border is indeed part of the picture.)) Here some more pictures so you could see the whole idea of the room.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 år siden
    Fichman Furniture and Radiator Cover (on line) has some models that seem to be well priced. There is a shaker model you might like. You might want to consider painting it rather than doing it in a white? Perhaps you can do a matte black (or low sheen) finish? I would have the finished width just a little larger than your piece of art. Your bookcases on either side present a problem visually as they are very much dwarfed by your art. Perhaps there is another area you can place the bookcases and rethink that area? I'm posting the Fichman photos. Good luck! http://www.fichman.com/
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    The table you have does not fit the space. I could go with a made to size radiator cover as suggested or paint the radiator (as nanaspio suggested). I think a black painted radiator will lend a very modern look and that would be my first choice. I like the painting. If you have a proper radiator cover made, keep it without anything on it. The art and a bare table (or black radiator) and 2 bookcases is a nice arrangement.
    Hudson River Duplex Master Bath View · Mere information
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Thanks guys. I love the idea painting radiator in black! Wow! But where to put those book cases then? And a console table? Can not get it back to the shop.((
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    I like the bookcases where you have them. But, if you do not, they could be placed in almost any room: separated (as you have) or side by side or back to back or used for display of teapots or used as a room divider. The console table is a similar design: very useful in almost any room: especially entry or behind a sofa. The legs could be shortened to coffee table height. Console legs could be removed to use as a type of bulletin board for wall or as background for art display on wall or throw some paint at it and you have an original oil painting, that looks like it's worth millions.
    Ideas for console table: https://www.houzz.com/products/console-table-prbr0lbl-pl~l_37174
    Bookcase ideas: http://www.houzz.com/tall-narrow-bookcase/p/8
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I like the bookcases where they are now - just put them a bit apart from the painting. I am just a bit wirrying by painting radiator in mat black..Won't it look be very dark with those bookcases (also dark)?? Concole table has moved behind the sofa...looks ehhh weird to me.)
  • alwaysdesigning
    11 år siden
    This idea is simple and charming; place marble over it as a table space, incorporating the radiator as the "base". You could add marble legs to the front corners also for additional support.
    [houzz=
    simple bathroom · Mere information
    ]
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    Place a black cloth over radiator & live with it for a white and see what you think. I think black radiator would look nice. If you want to add some brightness, buy 3 sliver toned orbs for the floor artfully arranged in front of radiator.
    Small City Garden · Mere information
  • PRO
    Total Kitchen Store by Kelly
    11 år siden
    Hi olena1968, maybe you could try some light color baskets or stacked books underneath the console? That way they can be removable if you need to turn on the heating unit.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 år siden
    I still think your best choice is a good looking radiator cover. It will not go away (the radiator), but you can certainly "dress" it in such a way that will easily integrate with your furnishings. I would not stack a bunch of stuff around the area, or attempt to place furniture there, as it will look as though that's exactly what you did. So, with more embellishment, it will become even more noticeable and that will take away from your piece of art. All you need is some visual weight below your art. In this instance particularly, less is more.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I don't like the idea of putting some stuff under the console table. I prefer less objects, but the right ones. I have already covered the radiator with dark brown sheet (I don't have any black cloth). So far this "dark stain" looks good..) Thanks again.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Guys!! If somebody have special software allowing change the color of the radiator, please, edit my photo so we could see how this Black Radiator will look like.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    I have moved my console table. Please, see how it looks now. How should I decorate it?
    Thanks in advance for your opinions and advises.
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    Here are many ideas 4 styling a console table behind sofa: https://www.houzz.com/products/console-tables-prbr0-br~t_1052

A lamp or lamps on each end is my favorite console look. But you many not have electricity there. If you ever feel the table is too leggy, place something under it.
    MW INTERIORS · Mere information

Other thoughts: place 3 pillows on sectional & only in corner. Place blue ceramic plant down by chest with other plant or on side of other bookcase or use as a sculptural element somewhere.

• olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Great ideas! So, the console table generally looks ok behind the sofa? Will try to put something underneath to make it less leggy. Although, I didn't understand the suggestions regarding blue ceramic plant. Thanks in advance,
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    I like console tables behind sofas. Check out the link in my last post for ideas of consoles behind sofas and how to style. I didn't like the blue ceramic plant on the right of the bookcase on right. BUT, I am seeing only one angle of the room. So, I'd try the pot down by the TV area.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Next to TV there is another plant...And the blue one was next to the entrance door.
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    I was talking about placing the blue ceramic down the hall. There seems to be another TV on the wall down there with large art pieces?

I thought you had a sectional, but you do not. So forget the pillow idea.

Very attractive place, and love the brick wall.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Yes, indeed. There is another TV in the dinning area and in the corner there is a vertical bottle rack with some vase on top. May be I should move the blue pot up tp that corner and move bottle rack somewhere else? May be it will make pictures look better (after I arrange them in proper way))?
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    OK, I thought the BC pot might look good to the right of the bottle rack (I called it a chest). For me, it's a bit of trial and error. I am always carrying things around looking for the best spot. I often take photos of my own rooms, it helps me to see the room / accessories objectively. I LOVE your large art pieces & I think you've arranged them handsomely. The only other thing you might consider: many rooms (perhaps yours as well) suffer from "too much dark furniture syndrome". A painted piece here & there can improve a room. Also an antique piece there here & there can improve a room. Also an interesting sculptural chair can improve a room. An animal on table or floor (ceramic /stone etc) can improve a room, too. Adding texture here & there can improve a room ( like brick wall). Some things to think about, anyway....
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    J22b, many thanks for your advises!! You are such a great help! I have moved BC up to the corner in the dining area and it looks soooo great!! Just a right place for it! What to do with dark furniture sindrome? I was worried about getting too much dark pieces, but also couldn't dare to get something entire different and bold - what if it won't fit or match? You've got to have an EYE and TASTE for that...((
  • PRO
    Applegate Tran Interiors
    11 år siden
    You have to mix and match and Scott's idea of an open organic branch metal base would be perfect. Otherwise matching the bookcases would feel like a showroom from Pottery Barn.
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Pottery Barn...A-a-a-a-a, I'm laughing, but I guess you are right. Mix and Match is quite a challenge for me..I can easily mix wrong things that's why I am stuck to that dark wooden furniture idea.(
  • olena1968
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    J222b, what does "interesting sculptural chair" look like? Can you show me some examples?
  • PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    11 år siden
    I would choose not to ignore the windows back light potential by adding Led lights around the jam and placing a piece of stained glass or other obscuring but translucent materials in front of the light source. The book case surround would include a grill pattern in front of the radiator. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=metal+grills+image&qpvt=metal+grills+image&FORM=IGRE
  • TanCalGal
    11 år siden
    On brick wall try this: remove tall plant. Add large art or art grouping to upper right to balance fireplace & TV.
    River House · Mere information

You don't want to ruin pieces by painting them. That can happen. Think about painting the wine rack an antiqued red or maybe an antiqued white. It's hard to tell. Throw a red / white cloth over & see if you like the look. or look for a painted box for the coffee table or console, something distressed.
    Westin Savannah · Mere information
    Hand-Painted Red Finish Solid Birch Wine Cabinet · Mere information
    Beach House · Mere information

A sculptural chair is a chair you'd only want one of b/c it is like a piece of art. You wouldn't want 2 paintings exactly the same. It could be a modern chair or antique.This antique chair with velvet & wood in a bathroom that is all hard tile etc would be a nice contrast.
    Miami Beach - Miami - By PepeCalderinDesign - Interior Design Miami - Modern · Mere information
    Antique Medallion Chair by Hindsvik · Mere information
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.