whitfielde

Bonus Room with sloped ceiling

Erin Whitfield
11 år siden
We are in the process of buying this house (this is how the previous owner has it set up, this in not our furniture). This bonus room will become my husband's room (mancave?). He has a ton of books that we would build shelves for, a sectional, 55" tv, and we will be getting a pool table. I am kind of unsure how we could have the room laid out since the ceilings are slanted. The room is 20'x17. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

(10) kommentarer

• charleee
    11 år siden
    I wouild love to see something different and interesting done here! The wall with the window - can you build tapering bookshelves there, the books closest to the side walls could lay flat and the others should stand? Maybe look for a more "man-cavely" window treatment, 2" wooden blinds come to mind.

I don't know much about pool tables, only that they require a lot of elbow room, so that will need to go in the center no doubt. A pool table light would be great.

TV on the wall opposite the window? Can't see that wall from here. Sofa where it is. Nice space! I wish I had a craft room that big!
  • mjdon
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Place brick on the window wall, paint the walls a nice tan and include the ceiling. Use a large print geometric brown tan carpet for the flooring. Wood blinds or shuttters for the window. Don't hold back on a statement light fixture over the pool table. Something black iron with two large glass shades. Use black felt on the pool table. On part of the wall place a few shelves with bar stools to hold drinks.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Lot of potentials. I would consider lots of storage along the knee walla and define zones for seating, entertainment, and maybe refreshments.

Shingle Style Attic Play Area · Mere information

Sf Media Room · Mere information
  • mjdon
    11 år siden
    You could easliy add a large screen TV and bookshelves. Are you looking for more of a contemporary look or traditional. This photo was a room I did with a english pub look.
  • charleee
    11 år siden
    mjdon - that's very cool! I like the wall shelf - great to have a shallow space for drinks and munchies.
  • michigammemom
    11 år siden
    I love this shelf configuration for a wall space with sloped ceilings.
    Ulm St Loft · Mere information
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 år siden
    Hi Whitfield's , congrats on the house , here are a few inspirational pics.
  • pcmom1
    11 år siden
    I had a full size pool table: they are 4 by 8 feet, but need a lot of room around for taking shots. I don't think you have the room. Plus, they are very heavy and difficult to move up stairs! How about an air hockey game or something like that instead?

I would keep the tv area the same,then float your sectional in middle of room (for head room!) Line tall walls with bookcases.
  • Erin Whitfield
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Thanks everyone! Since this is my husband "room" I will show him all of your ideas and see what he likes. I really like the shelves though. Thanks again!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.