ddmellow

Kitchen countertop ideas

11 år siden
We need to replace the kitchen counter top in this house we are buying. Right now it's a butcher block. Would you stay with a butcher block or go granite/quartz etc, and if so -- WHAT COLOUR?

(32) kommentarer

• PRO
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    I agree with Deborah--way too much wood. Forget the butcher block and go with a granite or quartz. If you'd prefer granite, try Absolute Black, Black Pearl, Verde Labrador, or Verde Butterfly. If you like quartz, a uniform gray would look very nice.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I agree with Deborah, too much wood tones with the floor cabinets and counters. Your contemporary cabinets lend themselves better to material will less movement in them. I would recommend Quartz countertops for their ease of maintenance and durability. Eco, by Cosentino, which is a sustainable product made with recycled materials, has some wonderful colors that will pull the earth tones from the slate backsplash. No need to seal this material and it comes with a 10 year warranty.
    Take a look at Riverbed and Terra. Both also have a bit of the wood tones in them as well. http://www.ecobycosentino.com/usa/colors.html
  • 11 år siden
    Agree with Deborah and KBDesigns. Dark counters, with very little pattern and I like the recycled materials idea! Lovely kitchen btw.
  • 11 år siden
    medium to darker gray quartz
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Silver Asterix granite would look sooo amazing in this kitchen.
  • 11 år siden
    A shade or two under the backsplash color. We have medium maple cabinets with black countertops and it shows every little crumb or dust. A medium color will be more forgiving.
  • 11 år siden
    id def go with a solid stone surface.. maybe light/medium color whitish/grey.. i think the contrast of completely white quartz would look fantastic as well
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    The wood grain is pretty busy on the cabinets, so if you go for a granite that has that as well, it could be overwhelming on the eyes. A more simple piece, such as quartz engineered, would set it off and clean up the look to be brighter. I'd go lighter like a white with sparkles to really stand out against the gray backsplash. You will have a stunner kitchen!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I agree with everyone's input above. A uniform quartz is always a wonderful clean, durable look.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Please post pictures after you're done! Can't wait to see :)
  • 11 år siden
    wow! thanks so much for the input!! will repost once done!
  • 11 år siden
    one more pic..
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Such a beautiful space! New countertops & you're good to go :) Can't wait to see photos once you're finished!
  • 11 år siden
    I chose quartz over granite because it was absolutely no maintenance. That was 10 years ago and I still love it.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Like the slate on the island. Definately Eco Riverbed!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I'm also in love with my quartz countertops...never have to reseal them. So easy and beautiful!!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I'm also in love with my quartz countertops...never have to reseal them. So easy and beautiful!!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    It's hard to see but it has a beautiful silvery speckling throughout that is drawn out by the backsplash tile.
  • 11 år siden
    I would suggest a concrete counter top in a gray finish. Easy to maintain over the years and can be molded to do whatever you want.... It will give it a very modern look
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I love concrete counters; however, you need to have the proper structuring for them to support the weight, as well as worry about settling which can lead them to crack over time. Originally I wanted to put them in my house but the above reasons ended up ruling it out...
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Has anyone considered LAVA ROCK counters?

Ceramic coated, durable, wear resistant, scratch and scuff resistant.
    Available in almost any color from natural grey to high gloss pigments.

Something different and new.

Jonathan Bobrow
    Founder and CEO
  • 11 år siden
    I really like the butcher block counter tops!! I'd re-finish them and update the cabinets, just my opinion everyone else idea for a nice dark countertop would look fantastic too!
  • 11 år siden
    If you really love to cook I would keep the island countertops as they are and put in grey granite or a natural stone (well sealed) on the rest.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I think a stone would be fantastic or even a stained and stamped concrete is beautiful as well. Check out the following pictures for stained/stamped concrete! Also check out the following site(s) for stone counters!!

http://www.homedepot.com/Kitchen-Countertops/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbmf2/h_d2/Navigation?catalogId=10053&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&langId=-1&storeId=10051
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Have you thought about painting the cabinets, keeping the butcher block island (stain it darker) and replace the countertops to coordinate with backsplash? I don't see that the cabinets are a high grade of wood? The result will be that the floors will show up (which are gorgeous) you'll have two different countertops which is always beautiful, and you would have a truly custom kitchen.
  • 11 år siden
    I'd keep the cabinets and everything else exactly as they are, but replace the butcherblock counter on the island with either charcoal gray quartz or possibly soapstone. Either would look great with your gray backsplash.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    I could see a black granite working well with all the wood finishing.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    A black granite or quartz would be the best tone for the color of the woodwork, and to break it up a bit. There is a lot of wood with the butcher block. Gorgeous kitchen!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Although there is all that dark charcoal gray tile...could be a bit dark. I'd recommend not painting cabinets... more often than not a "simple" refinishing job can go very wrong.
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    But in this case, if you do, at least the doors and drawer fronts are all perfectly flat, so that is MUCH easier!
  • PRO
    11 år siden
    Yes, go medium to darker, quartz over granite!
Sponsoreret

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.