kmtoland

Need Help With Kitchen Backsplash

kmtoland
11 år siden
Trying to decide on Kitchen backsplash for a contemporary house. Walls painted white, cabinets are bamboo and countertops will be medium gray caesarstone. I like modwalls mixed colors ceramic Clayhaus tile to bring some color in, but am worried about living with it for a long time. Alternative I am considering would be a penny tile in white or glass. Any help is appreciated! thanks

(11) kommentarer

• Natalie
    11 år siden
    Love the cabinets! Some ideas for you... [houzz=
    Pinatubo | Caldera Glass Stone Mosaic Tile · Mere information
    ][houzz=
    Artistic Tile · Mere information
    ][houzz=
    Handcrafted Ceramic Tile · Mere information
    ][houzz=][houzz=
    Mauna Loa | Caldera Glass Stone Mosaic Tile · Mere information
    ]
  • PRO
    Ronnie Edwards II/ [TTS]
    11 år siden
    http://www.walkerzanger.com/catalog/popimage.php?mat=Glass&coll=Roku&tab=Products&page=1

I think a nice glass tile layed in a vertical pattern with a contrasting liner from their skyline collection would look awesome.

http://www.walkerzanger.com/catalog/series.php?mat=Glass&coll=Skyline
  • charleee
    11 år siden
    I like this tile for you:
    Ceramic Basics - Savoy - Ann Sacks Tile & Stone · Mere information

The tile in your photo is very busy and is competing with your items in the glass door cabinets. You might be able to use that tile if you run it vertically instead of horizontally.
  • inkwitch
    11 år siden
    Obviously, you like clean lines, uncluttered structure and sleek modern decor. Given that, simplicity is key: penny tile would be be beautiful -- it's making a comeback so it hints at vintage.

You're right: over time, your taste in colors will change, and replacing backsplash is a serious pain. So stick with a neutral color, and keep your "color" for everything else - appliances (hot red mixer? red micro? turquoise pots? chrome yellow lights?) and accessories. I suggest either going with some version of gray. If you use white, either walls or backsplash will look off because whites rarely match. (In this photo, your walls look pale blue, and that might be a toning to the white you chose.) Since everything is light-toned (not knowing what your floors are), a darker gray than the countertops would be good grounding.

You can buy squares of tile. Get some and tack them to the wall where they will go. Look at them for several days before you make up your mind. This is not something you want to get wrong! Good luck!
  • paulamig
    11 år siden
    http://www.susanjablon.com/5856615.html
    http://www.susanjablon.com/ice-candy-glass-tile-mosaic-blend-design.html

Susan Jablon makes gorgeous mosaics and you can even customize mosaics to better suit your needs. The first link appears to have green tiles, but if you look at the list of colors, you will see that these are actually textured glass tiles. I have ordered several samples from the site, and they were all gorgeous.
  • User
    11 år siden
    stainless steel backsplash
  • michigammemom
    11 år siden
    With your gray Caesarstone, you might consider the subtle color variations of a penny tile like this.
    Rustic Modern Kitchen · Mere information
  • User
    11 år siden
    Penny tile shape is a great idea! Love where this is going!
  • PRO
    Susan Jablon Mosaics
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    kmtoland, your style looks like simple clean lines, and we definitely have penny tile that would suit that! Here's a clear iridescent penny tile, and a stainless steel penny tile, which would be super sleek and modern. We also have quarter rounds, depending on white size you prefer. You can also mix sizes (last photo), and if you play around with styles and colors in our mosaic designer you can even change grout colors, too! As paulamig said, you can create your own blend or customize an existing one. Thanks for recommending us, paulamig!

Here's a link to the mosaic designer: http://www.susanjablon.com/designer/mosaic-designer.html
  • PRO
    Dura Supreme Cabinetry
    11 år siden
    Here are a few contemporary backsplash ideas...

Lofty Kitchen Concept · Mere information

Urban Loft Living Kitchen by Dura Supreme Cabinetry · Mere information

Craftsman Creation · Mere information

Craftsman Kitchen Corbels · Mere information
  • PRO
    Clayhaus Ceramics
    11 år siden
    Hello. Please feel free to call Modwalls (modwalls.com) or us directly for some design assistance. Thanks for your interest. www.clayhausceramics.com 503-928-3076
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.