simonhobbsy

Adding glitter to paint.

Simon Hobbs
9 år siden
Hi,
I would like to add some glitter to paint my daughters bedroom and wondered if anyone had done this before and had any tips and techniques?
I guess it shouldnt be added to the whole tin on the last coat but any advice welcome!

Thanks, Simon

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Jaimie K Designs Ltd
    9 år siden
    the best way to add glitter is to add it to varnish as this is a clear medium. If you add it to paint the it covered in the paint colour. kr jaimie k
  • Sarah Pearce
    9 år siden
    Me personally would paint wall then when last coat is still damp I'd throw the glitter at the wall x
  • PRO
    Jaimie K Designs Ltd
    9 år siden
    A rather messy way of going about it and would have a very uneven distribution of the glitter. By using a matt varnish you dont see it over the paint. Just make sure you give vanish a regular swirl so that the glitter doesnt just sink in the tray. The other bonus is the varnish is highly resistant and in childs bedroom it keeps the walls in good condition for longer
  • sueprethero
    9 år siden
    Have you thought about maybe wallpapering one wall with glitter wallpaper? Might be easier! There are some lovely coloured ones on eBay.
  • PRO
    Archistarchi Ltd
    9 år siden
    You can buy paint that already sparkles. We once used a blue colour from B&Q's own range in our kitchen and it was gorgeous. Sorry was our old house so no photos to hand!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.