cinde_earley

Fireplace redo

Cinde Earley
9 år siden
This is a living room very large 960 sq ft. Replacing carpet with wood floors. Room needs a updated fireplace. Not sure
What to do to update fireplace. For sure mirror and black marble tiles around pillors are going. Thinking of a traditional white background with ledge?
My question is am I better off taking off all the black marble tiles all together? And starting from scratch or could I keep the black tiles around the
Hearth and adding white traditional background??

(8) kommentarer

• Kelley Dockrey
    9 år siden
    is this a real fireplace? I do not see where the flue is.
  • Cinde Earley
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Yes, its for real. We think original fireplace is behind mirror
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 år siden

Wow! this is crazy...I would take it completely out and see what is there before making design decisions on what to do...I know for sure I would not leave it the way it is!

• PRO
    Access Heating & Air
    9 år siden
    Very interesting fireplace!!! How does it look behind this?
  • Kivi
    9 år siden
    For sure get rid of the mirror and black tiles. You are going to need to see what is behind anyway. With the current black tile it makes me think of a pizza oven in your living space. I would probably reclad that whole space in a stone of some type. Lots of options depending on the look you want.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red153\green153\blue153;\red241\green241\blue241;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl400\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs20 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Traditional Family Room by Minneapolis Architects & Building Designers Murphy & Co. Design}
  • Kivi
    9 år siden
    Huh? Not sure what happened there...tried to embed a pic but iPad didn't cooperate
  • Kelley Dockrey
    9 år siden
    ok, I would strip the mirror, etc and see what is there first.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.