saibasu

Need storage ideas for a small house! And I mean small!

saibasu
9 år siden
Ok so my family of three (myself, my husband, and our 5 year old daughter) have a small house, 869 square feet and just one floor! And we need some unique ideas for storage solutions for basically every room and aspect of our little home! Anyone have any suggestions?

(5) kommentarer

• decoenthusiaste
    9 år siden

Living room - Storage hassock or a flat top trunk to use for a coffee table and storage bench in front of fireplace or under window, or in the foyer. Bedroom - Rolling flat plastic containers that slip under beds and Over the door hanging storage there and in the bath too. Kitchen - Closed decorative boxes or storage containers

Adrien 48 inch wide Entryway Bench in Espresso Brown · Mere information

for rarely used items can sit on top of cabinets if they don't reach to the ceiling. Dining - a storage bench can be used at the dining table with your other chairs. Anywhere - Floor to ceiling stacking cabinets can flank windows.

Girl's Room · Mere information

GDF Studio Sabrina Leather Storage Ottoman Coffee Table · Mere information

Cottage Kitchen Update - Before and After · Mere information

• cabingirl13
    9 år siden

What is your closet situation like? Adding shelves to existing closets can really help maximize space. We have modified almost all of our closets this way- and we can surely get more stuff in there than before.

• PRO
    CJ Evans Home Designs
    9 år siden

Captain's bed (drawers below beds) add a lot of storage... even for extra sheets, bedding, etc. Narrow storage cabinets/shelves can potentially fit in different places (halls, bathrooms, etc.) and provide a place to show off pictures/knick-knacks/etc.

• patatas
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

Raised beds - I've seen arrangements where there was room underneath for an entire sitting or study area.

Those had ladders to the bed, which I'm not a fan of now, though when I was a kid I didn't mind the top bunk.

As an adult, at one point I'd gathered six cabinets for an upcoming kitchen redo, with nowhere to store them. I ended up getting a thrift-store wood couch-futon frame, the legs for which I discarded; was then able to place the slatted parts flat on top of the cabinets, to support my mattress. Then, of course, there was room within the cabinets to store other things.

At the same time, I picked up an odd $5 piece of furniture that was just a 2-step "staircase." It was the perfect size to get in and out of the 40"-high bed and never felt like I was having to "climb." [Steps like that could be built out of two 12"-wide cabinets on their sides, one a 24"-deep base cabinet (bottom step) and the other a 15"-deep wall cabinet - providing even more storage space.] I actually liked the arrangement a lot, because it put my bed where I could look out the window while I was lying down. (There's a creek down below, so that was a bonus).

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.