deditraded

Which kitchen supplier?

deditraded
9 år siden
Hi, I'm currently in the process of having the kitchen upgraded. I know the style I'm going for and the layout. My question is who should supply the kitchen(I'm getting conflicting stories).

Within my budget should I use Howdens, Wickes etc, or go to a bespoke manufacturer? I've been told the prices may be similar but the quality will obviously be better, is this the case? Or do the bespoke suppliers still source their carcasses from the Howdens type of supplier?

very confused!!

many thanks

(18) kommentarer

• muttleyz
    9 år siden
    My Howdens kitchen is excellent quality and the units are ready made. People have said that the quality is higher than Wickes and they came out at pretty much the same price (tough negotiations with Howdens mind!).
  • muttleyz
    9 år siden
    Bespoke manufacturers couldn't compete with the price in my case. Same size kitchen cost a friend of mine twice as much with bespoke supplier.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år siden
    If you know the layout - ie have a specific plan and you know the style you want - simply shop around !! Comparing like for like is the clearest way to make an informed choice ! Getting loads of different people in with loads of different ideas doesn't always keep things clear !!
  • PRO
    Affleck Property Services
    9 år siden
    We could highly recommend Eggersmann kitchens, which we use for most of our kitchen projects. The price for a mid / high-end kitchen would vary between £20K to £40K, which includes everything from units and tops to kitchen appliances and their installation. Classic and modern, bespoke and off-the-shelf models. Very high quality finish.
  • Bijal V
    9 år siden
    I designed my mums old kitchen using Howdens, they were really good and hard wearing. its been 4 years and it still looks new no issues. The cupbaords arriving ready made are meant to be better as they are manufactured by the people who design it.
    Im re doing my house at the moment and will be going for Howdens too.
  • PRO
    Home By Design Ltd
    9 år siden
    I think this is a common misconception. We are a made to measure local family run supplier. We have a superior quality product to the likes of howdens and the sheds. However the majority of the time we can compete on price of fitted furniture! The higher end the kitchen the more the customer saves in comparison.

Let me know if you need anything!

Jade

Showroom manager and designer x
  • PRO
    Nyc Ceramics Kitchens & Bathrooms
    9 år siden
    Agree with Jade at fix it kitchens Ltd.
  • Lady Tottington's Poodle
    9 år siden
    Makes sense to ask them all to price up the same layout. Or you can't tell which is best price. X
  • Matthew Decorator
    9 år siden
    Howdens.
  • PRO
    Nyc Ceramics Kitchens & Bathrooms
    9 år siden
    Deditraded what part of the country are you from? If you would like us to send you our kitchen brochure we would be more than happy too?

Regards Karl
  • Alex
    9 år siden
    Would recommend howdens too delighted with our kitchen. I wanted devol but budget didn't allow... (Next time!)
  • rhonam
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    We've looked at loads of kitchen suppliers recently - Homebase, Wickes, Howdens, Magnet plus independents. We keep coming back to Ikea. Although not perfect and surprisingly limited in a few areas - colour range isn't great, no rounded units, etc, they are half the price of any comparable kitchen we have seen.
  • PRO
    Traditional Bespoke Furniture
    9 år siden
    We are a bespoke supplier, all our products are handmade out of solid wood witch reflects in the quality and not mass produced, cost will depend on materials etc but doesn't mean bespoke will be out of budget!
  • PRO
    Home By Design Ltd
    9 år siden
    Ask howdens Etc the mm depth of the back of their units.

Or their guarantee on hinges drawer boxes etc.

Or to order you a 632 x 684mm door ;)

Sorry I just couldn't resist! I believe there is some major advantages to going local rather than high street.

But definitely shop around- best advice anyone has given you!

Jade x
  • PRO
    Worktops.co
    9 år siden
    In most cases, bespoke manufacturers make their own cabinets from scratch (this is at least with all the manufacturers that we've worked with) and something else to consider is that the price varies vastly when you go bespoke. You'll find prices go from very low to astronomically high so realistically you should look around and get some ideas.

Nothing wrong with Howdens etc, again we've worked with a number of the retailers, but nothing really compares to going bespoke.
  • Sue Michael
    8 år siden
    stick to Ikea or Howdens....as long as your fitter is good and you go for a nice stone worktop, your kitchen can look really great. I've just paid through the nose for a bespoke cream Italian kitchen with a brown quartz worktop and I am so gutted....fitting is horrendous and its falling apart !! marks showing on the stone (not happy). my last kitchen was high street and was still looking lovely after 10 years. you can add some nice ornaments, Homesence have some really nice pieces. good luck.
  • PRO
    Chalon
    8 år siden

Definitely go bespoke! They can be very competitive in price but you get a much more personal service. Also they will provide those finishing touches such as colour matched carcasses and scribing panels which gives that really smart finish whereas somewhere like Wickes will have standard white carcasses and just stick your door choice on top which doesn't give that polished finish as you will see it through the cracks.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.