andrea_guthrie61

Help too much brown everywhere

Andrea Guthrie
9 år siden

The house I am purchasing has way too much brown for me. it seems very open from the living area so im looking for help with paint/cabinet colors to brighten it up. I am thinking of BM Revere Pewter on living room and possibly hallway with SW Black Fox for the door/contrast, but need help. Any advice appreciated. I can not change out the tile at this time so I need to work with the current flooring, walls, backsplash and cabinets.

(5) kommentarer

• Viorica Cifelli
    9 år siden
    Fastest way to brighten is to change all the cabinets to white and all the trim to white around the room it does wonders the curtains I would raise higher and make sure they touch the floor add some pewter hardware to cabinets and change ceiling fan to a more modern one love the size and look of the room though!
    Andrea Guthrie thanked Viorica Cifelli
  • PRO
    MaNa Design Build, Inc.
    9 år siden
    My advice is to paint the cabinet very light blue tone. It helps expanding the kitchen. Blue is complimentary color for brown and definitely it will tone down brownish color. Brown is warm visually limit the eyes. As the kitchen cabinets are too plain, you may add a frame by trim molding on the door and then paint it.
    You living room is also need some sort of blueish wall covering or drapery in blue.
    Good luck
    Andrea Guthrie thanked MaNa Design Build, Inc.
  • Andrea Guthrie
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Thanks, These are the pics as i'm purchasing it. These are not my furnishings, curtains, etc.

• Irene Morresey
    9 år siden
    Pick up the rust orange from rug for accessories, pillows, throws, lamps etc, even an accent wall if you wish, green looks good with all those colours
  • Irene Morresey
    9 år siden
    Cabinets in pic would look good grienge and cream, like the two tones
    Andrea Guthrie thanked Irene Morresey
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.