majax

Need back splash help please!

majax
9 år siden

Hubby and I took a big plunge and bought a fixer upper vacation house on the coast of North Carolina on the steps of the court house no less! We've knocked out walls, added doors, scraped a the ceilings, added all new floors and painted the whole house. We've demolished the old kitchen, and totally moved it to the other side of the house.... AND, I'm stuck on back splash!

Went with custom built shaker cabinets and I'm going with stainless hardware.... the appliances are yet to be installed but you can see from the pics where they are headed. I'm considering classic white subway tiles with white grout, grey subway tiles with grey grout (but the ones I found are too dark), the glass mosaic ones in the pictures and the while ones in the picture... they have little waves. My walls are Sherwin Williams Agreeable Grey and the counter is called Sequoia and i think its a quarts even though the dealer called it granite. Please let me know what you think. :) Thanks!

(14) kommentarer

• Carol Johnson
    9 år siden
    I'd go a pale blue/gray glass tile. I can't see your sample tile though.
    majax thanked Carol Johnson
  • majax
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Thanks tons that's great help!

• PRO
    Goosby Design
    9 år siden

I'm going to say, go with the white subway. It's so classic and timeless. You just can't go wrong. You can always use accessories for color.

majax thanked Goosby Design
  • majax
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Here is a pictures of the the two closer any feed back really appreciated!

• PRO
    Goosby Design
    9 år siden

Plain white subway is best. Mosaic is nice too. Not the wave pattern. You will hate it in a year or two.

majax thanked Goosby Design
  • PRO
    Earth Bound Homes
    9 år siden

Not to go against the trend here but what about some color. Everything is the same off white/grey/light brown palate. what about an accent color.

majax thanked Earth Bound Homes
  • PRO
    Lakeshore Decor
    9 år siden
    The plain white subway tiles are a bit stark but the mosaic seem busy. What about a natural marble tile with a soft gray grout. Jeffery Court makes a pretty one, http://www.jeffreycourt.com/tile-product/field-tile-allegro-3x6-18115/
    majax thanked Lakeshore Decor
  • Lila
    9 år siden

I agree with Durham Design. It would be stunning. BTW, beautiful reno.

majax thanked Lila
  • User
    9 år siden

Beautiful kitchen. I think the color on the wall-the agreeable gray looks great with your quartzite. Why don't you try to find a ceramic subway tile in grayish-blue? It would be a nice contrast with the white cabinets and would bring the gray out in the counters. Of course, white would be pretty and classic, as well.

majax thanked User
  • Ann
    9 år siden

Definitely not the mosaic. I think it's too busy for the beautiful counter and amazing kitchen. White subway would be a good and safe choice. I love the one with waves and wish you had enough tiles to see more of it and get a better feel for it. I can't decide if I think it would look amazing or overdone.

What a nice job you've done!!!!!!

majax thanked Ann
  • Ann
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

Have you considered a soft taupe, nearly the color of your stool upholstery?

Lake Minnetonka Tailored White Kitchen · Mere information

majax thanked Ann
  • mjdeutsch
    9 år siden

I'd vote for the white or grey subway tiles, and not with waves. More classic, and then add interest with accessories.

majax thanked mjdeutsch
  • PRO
    Durham Designs & Consulting, LLC
    9 år siden

Yes, Walker Zanger had a hand made tile that is a mocha color that would be a great contrast but soft to blend with the all white kitchen.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.