charlottebrowning86

Best colour for narrow hall a sticky kids lol

I have a long but narrow hall and staircase at the moment it a grey hints colour but I want to brighten it up but don't want white as I have children with very sticky hands lol any ideas would really help

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år siden
    #Ping : announcement Matthew Decorator to this thread please !!! Hope he sees this ! he's full of useful advice !
    ;-)
  • PRO
    Victoria Hopkins
    9 år siden
    I would definitely stick with a light colour, probably off white to help the light reflect around the space. To add some colour put up lots of pictures. You could add a wall of photos or how about hanging the kids art up? For paint I would recommend Valspar at B&Q simply because they do a finish which you can scrub clean. Goes on a treat too.
  • xtine74
    9 år siden
    Maybe best to get a wipeable paint and then you can have any colour (even white!) and not worry about those sticky hands! I had similar concerns recently (but with a mucky pup instead) and opted for Dulux Diamond Matt in white, it's had a fair few wipes already and is holding up really well.
  • Matthew Decorator
    9 år siden
    Get any colour you want in Dulux diamond eggshell. Expensive but it's scrubbable. I use it in bathrooms and multi-million pound laboratories to give you an idea of how amazingly resistant it is.

P.s I have 2 children, two years old and 7 months old. My entire house is in brilliant white diamond eggshell.... Zero problems. Just wipe it off.

It's expensive at approximately £85 for 5 litres but in my eyes worth it.
  • Matthew Decorator
    9 år siden
    Diamond Matt doesn't have a shine in comparison to eggshell which has a slight sheen BUT the problem is the Matt version covers terribly and think personally it's to-new as a product to use it. They need to refine it before I recommend it.

Worse coverage paint I have ever used...besides Farrow & ball.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.