decor_nandivada

Nursery paint color dilemma?! Need help!

We painted a stripe wall however we used different colors as compared to the other three walls. Do you guys recommend to change one stripe to the main color or does it look good as is?

(98) kommentarer

• Jen L
    9 år siden
    I would carry the white stripe into the Aqua, that would break it up and tie it in, you could change the grey and yellow later on and the white and Aqua would still look good together.
    EleganceDecor2014 thanked Jen L
  • PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

EleganceDecor2014, did you like the mock up where I added the varying thinner aqua stripes to the existing striped wall? If so, I’d say go with it, as it will be easiest option, and when you get the furniture in the room and stuff on the walls, your eye isn’t going to focus on the yellow and aqua “clashing”, especially when accents of those colors (and others) are added via fabrics, stuffed animals, blankets, etc.

EleganceDecor2014 thanked adalisa frazzini
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Adalisa Frazzini- I liked your idea and I was leaning towards that however, once I removed the yellow and replaced it with the aqua stripe, I just thought it worked very nicely. Since, it is just repainting two stripes it will not take that much time also.

What do you think? Does the aqua, grey, and white striped wall work well? Thanks for your great suggestions.

• susiesworld
    9 år siden
    I like it the way it is. Don't get rid of the yellow. It makes it fun. It's a nursery after all.
  • linlac
    9 år siden
    It works either way. I hope you stick with the one you like the best.
  • Susan Davis
    9 år siden

Aqua stripe on the yellow white strip. That will center the aqua on the overall wall

Hi Carolins! Nice to see your comments and pics. love them.

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden
    It absolutely works without the yellow! It is simply a much safer option. When I am hired by a client, it is for my expertise and experience. So when I post on Houzz, even though I'm not being paid for my input, I try invite people not to be so afraid to take risks (especially when it has to do with the paint or returnable items).

You have have lots of opportunity to bring in other colors as accents in the room! It is going to look great when it's done!!
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Any suggestions for curtains and rug? I want to try and put a few pieces in the room before i paint over any stripes. This way i will get a better of how the room might look finished!

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

Have you selected or purchased any furniture yet? What color/style if so? I’ll find some drapery and rug options in the meantime.

As an aside, this bedding is from Target and even though do the colors look familiar? I know not exact match, but close enough and works well, I think. :)

• EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Similar colors but used in a different way. I really like the mobile and the bunting banner. I want to incorporate some thing similar into my nursery.

• EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Adalisa frazzini- we have the crib and changing table. Here they are --

• EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

I have yet to pick a glider/rocker.

• kathleen MK
    9 år siden
    Either change the yellow stripe to Aqua or paint the Aqua walls white. Which do you like more Aqua or yellow? Remember Aqua is A calming color when you want the baby to sleep.
    EleganceDecor2014 thanked kathleen MK
  • Carolina
    9 år siden

Ultimately it is about what you like, but... since you ask :-) I think the aqua, grey, white combo feels too cold. And I don't like it with your carpet. Have to say that the photos linlac shows above, of the grey, yellow, aqua, grey rooms, look surprisingly good.

Hi Soosun2 :-)

EleganceDecor2014 thanked Carolina
  • intown123
    9 år siden
    Hi I just want to say I like your current plan. The aqua looks completely different in your new photos. I like yellow as an accent but on the walls I find it to be clashing with the aqua.
    EleganceDecor2014 thanked intown123
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions everyone! I think I am going to start filling the room furniture and decor before I bite the bullet on the wall color.
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

How about these drapes?

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

I found these rugs during a quick search on Overstock - 'dark gray and yellow rugs’ the teal/aqua is pared with those colors often. I have a couple of favorites, but I tell me if you like any of these. I also found several on Houzz

Houzz Rugs, I found:

Loloi Rugs Halton Too Collection Ash, 5'3"x7'7" · Mere information

Kaleen Global Inspirations Collection Rug, 5'x7'9" · Mere information
    Loloi Eco EC-01 Blue 7'9" x 9'9" Rug · Mere information

Loloi Nova Collection Rug, Gray and Ivory, 3'6"x5'6" · Mere information
    Kaleen Bartley Rug, 5'x7'9" · Mere information

• er612
    9 år siden

Try bringing the striped colors into the rest of the room. You already have white furniture. Try adding a yellow rug and grey curtains (or vice versa). Then see how you feel.

• EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I am really liking the first one in the first image. What is that one called??

Also do you think the drapes I posted earlier go with the room?
  • OldGrayMare
    9 år siden
    Because both Aqua and gray are cool, and yellow is warm, I think the yellow should be a smaller stripe than any of the others...I would do Aqua and gray stripes, with a more narrow band of yellow..then pick up the yellow in other things...like drapes, rug, etc. I,can see a yellow rocking chair, or even a yellow fluffy rug on the floor.
  • PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

This one, right? Click link below the picture :) And, I like the draperies!

Logan Rug link

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

I just saw this rug on Overstock also, similar feel, but w/out yellow obviously...

Modern Lattice link

• EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Yes! That's the one. I feel if I pick an all grey rug, the room may look washed out since the furniture is white. I think a rug with some yellow might be a better bet.
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Also what do you guys think of this one-
  • EleganceDecor2014 thanked er612
  • er612
    9 år siden

I don't think the rug is the right yellow. I like the gray one though.

EleganceDecor2014 thanked er612
  • er612
    9 år siden

Here are some rugs. I like the middle one best and also the yellow/white ones on the right. The left options were in case you wanted something more subtle.

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

I like the yellow rug you have in the room. Keep in mind the the rug colors do NOT need to match your wall colors exactly, they need to coordinate, be it yellow, gray or green. If you can bring in crib and changing table with your yellow rug, we can really start to see what direction to go in!

• unleash188
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

Change the yellow stripes to the same green color on the other walls. the rug is still a warm color but you may be able to buy a cool colored accent rug that works well with the tan carpet and the green walls

• unleash188
    9 år siden

You could also do mixed in stripes of that green color in the stripe wall thin stripes not think ones. between the white and the grey that's up to you

• sandradclark
    9 år siden

Has anyone even suggested replacing the grey stripe with the color or the other three walls? Why does everyone want to use (overuse) a color that is not really a 'baby' color? Replace the grey with the aqua. Hey, anyone out there who could photoshop that for us, please?

• Susan Davis
    9 år siden

I suggested it way back when. haha

• Kelley Dockrey
    9 år siden
    I would take the easy route and keep the striped wall and rethink the turquoise. I think a nursery should have a calming effect and a warm feeling. The turquoise is anything but calming or warm.
    EleganceDecor2014 thanked Kelley Dockrey
  • Marian
    9 år siden

As a architectural designer, I would recommend researching color psychology for nurseries. Colors and patterns have different impacts on different ages - the reason most babies are surrounded by soft colors. I once had a daycare owner that wanted deep colors, reds and oranges, that would have caused hyper activity and anxious behaviors. When I look at this room's stripes, at least in the photo, the colors are so deep and contract so strongly with each other some of the lines of color seem to advance and some recede which could be unsettling. In general, I really like the new / different idea for a nursery. If the stripe colors were softened, and one of those colors used to cover the green - it could be gorgeous. Hope that is helpful.

EleganceDecor2014 thanked Marian
  • arcitektura23
    9 år siden

Change the top & bottom gray with aqua blue just like the colors in the bed sheet. Good luck.

• PRO
    Studio J
    9 år siden

Paint your blue walls white. Il will make a great difference.

Use yellow accents pillows with white bedding.

• EleganceDecor2014 thanked arcitektura23
  • destime
    9 år siden

How about choosing a much lighter, and warmer gray for the walls and for the gray stripes. By warmer, I mean a gray that has some beige in it instead if a cool or battleship gray. And it will look better with the carpeting. I like the yellow, white and gray combination, and your white furniture will be pretty with a soft gray on the walls. If you can find a Benjamin Moore paint store, their staff is usually very helpful in selecting paint colors. Try a sample before committing to buying the paint. It can be a lovely nursery- and change the mini blinds!

• LORDON Lane
    9 år siden
    if that's aqua then I would change the yellow to orange which is a better compliment
  • PRO
    Lyons Design
    9 år siden

I agree with bringing in the aqua in to the rest of the stripes. Be bold and have some fun with the color. The textiles that were shown with this palette were great as well.

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 år siden

How are things coming?? Keep us posted!

• LORDON Lane
    9 år siden
    liking lots the aqua pin stripes
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I don't have any updates yet... My hubby has to assemble the crib, and changing table so just waiting for those. Also I ordered some decor for the walls which has to arrive. Hopefully I ll have some updates by the end of the week!
  • EleganceDecor2014
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Here is an update guys - still lots of work that needs to be done!
  • tlparks
    9 år siden

Sweeeet!

• linlac
    9 år siden

It turned out great! I think your first picture really threw everyone for a loop. Nice pick for rug and curtains.

• PRO
    Jane Richardson Mack
    9 år siden

OK, looks like you don't need any more advice, but can't help myself. On the large grey stripe how about some charming little animals in a parade? Using the aqua, yellow & white.... decoupage on cardboard and make them easy to remove and change..., copy friendly characters from children's books, The grey seems to me to be a bit depressing for a child, would lighten it up and give them something fun to look at. If you are in the Bay Area hire me to paint them!!!! ;) cats in dresses with polka dot umbrellas, Ducks in bonnets, Pigs in overalls etc. or hire a good muralist or artist to do the job. Money well spent.

• Carolina
    9 år siden

It does look lovely :-) Well done. Think the rug makes a big difference. Good luck with the baby.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.