jo_lucas2678694

Stair carpet- art nouveau house (1920's)

Jo Lucas
9 år siden
Had some lovely help before but now trying to get some ideas for decorating the stairs and maybe put down a carpet on the stairs. I hate the pink/coral marble and want to try and modernise it, thinking greys... plus modern art. Really don't want to paint the banisters- too many!!!

(11) kommentarer

• Jo Lucas
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    That's what I was thinking. Thank you
  • collywobbles
    9 år siden
    This looks like a house that has been for sale ,I am only waiting to win the lottory . I love the stairs as they are. . Back in Soller in June you never know might bump into you ,your house is fantastic.
    Jo Lucas thanked collywobbles
  • Jo Lucas
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Yes that's it. Cost a fortune! But love it
  • laurz84
    9 år siden
    Agreed a stair runner would work well if you aren't happy with the marble
    Jo Lucas thanked laurz84
  • minnie101
    9 år siden
    You have grey on the floor below so why not get a grey runner with a black border that will also tie into the wrought iron? I wouldn't paint the banisters unless you are doing the doors (I wouldn't paint them anyway as I hate heights!)
    Jo Lucas thanked minnie101
  • collywobbles
    9 år siden
    Congratulations Iam sure it will make a fantastic boutique hotel ,good luck and best wishes Colin
  • collywobbles
    9 år siden
    Have Ca'n Prunera got carpets on there stairs ,I dont think they have ,wait until you have finished doing the place up and if there is still money left over then maybe do carpets
  • Jessica
    9 år siden
    I love it as it is. I personally would focus on the walls.
  • PRO
    Alternative Flooring
    8 år siden

What a beautiful staircase! It is stunning!

Project Home UK suggested a stair runner going down the middle of the steps would perhaps be more effective than a fully fitted carpet.

We supply carpets and floorcoverings throughout the UK and Ireland and can also offer a bespoke stair runner service where you choose any one of our floorings or carpets (as long as suitable for stairs of course) and pick a border to go around the edge.

We have some beautiful examples of customers 'in-situ' runners in our 'in-situ' ideabook which may give you some inspiration?

We recently did a photoshoot in a location with a similar staircase to yours, photo below, where we used a bold striped runner in 100% wool, with a simple whipped edge. The second photo is of a grand central staircases in one of our retailer showrooms which has the new Quirky B Fair Isle Reiko by Margo Selby running down the centre - beautiful!

Take a look at our website, www.alternativeflooring.com, to see our full collection of floorcoverings and have a play with flooring and border combinations using our 'Make me a rug' designer. Have fun!

• PRO
    Victoria Kovalenko
    8 år siden

It is a major project due to the size of this superb art nouveau staircase. However you can change the impression of it by painting the metal banisters in light grey or beige. Those colours will correspond better with the wall and the handrail. Also you can clean and polish the marble or even sand it. As a result you might end up with a completely different texture and therefore a new look.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.