house2514

Took a little break from room makeover-but back now and need more help

nancy lindsay
9 år siden

My local decorator picked these out for my tv wall- I know some of you suggested a huge wall of photos all around tv- but I am just not a fan of that look. Too me it's a distraction for watching the tv and that is what we do in this room. But, my question is should I leave alone or mount tv on wall and raise photos a little?? There are still two chairs to be bought for either side of chest and small tables-lamp etc. The trunks and plant stand will go.

Thank you so much for any advice!

(26) kommentarer

• jck910
    9 år siden

I wouldn't hang TV. And actually I like TV walls just TVs. I think looking at your picture those 2 photos are distracting. Once you get chairs etc in that area it will look great

nancy lindsay thanked jck910
  • nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

jck910- I should have taken a better photo showing the high sloping wall space- it just looked to bare not to have something-just didn't want a huge grouping of frames surrounding tv.

There are actually two more prints that go with this group that I could buy and put on top of existing ones- but not sure about that?

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

PS- one more thought- Are these hung at right height or could I come up just a little??? They look just a little too low for me.

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Yes, I have seen these cabinets and they are awesome- however- I had tv in tall cabinet with doors to close years ago- and never closed the doors- so I am afraid I would wear out the mechanics putting it up and down so much.

• PRO
    Architectural Audio Integrators
    9 år siden

We have some that have been in service for over 15 years. They are built to be raised and lowered more then a home ever would. Its automatic and when the TV is turned off they will go down. We installed one in our owners Moms house and she loves it.

nancy lindsay thanked Architectural Audio Integrators
  • nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

by chance do you have a pic of the top of one when tv is down?

• PRO
    9 år siden

When I get to the office on Monday I will check. We try to have our cabinet guy trim it out so you can not even tell its a lift. I'm sure we have pictures in the files of one of them we have done. We us them in master bedrooms and semi formal living rooms that clients want TV but don't want to see it. Sorry, I'm sitting on my porch and sipping coffee this morning. Not in the office.

• PRO
    9 år siden

This is the lift we use. They are very nice and quiet.

http://www.chiefmfg.com/Series/CM2L40

• dbh
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

What a great idea-- about the TV lift. Never heard of that. Such a smart idea.

Also, I love the prints themselves- and seeing them placed on the wall- but when the TV is centered like that and prints are surrounding it-- my feeling is that the TV ends up looking a bit like a shrine (i.e., substitute candles for prints). And when there are prints surrounding the big black rectangle, the big blank rectangle that is the TV ends up looking like some kind of post-modern art statement itself. I just find it odd to decorate around the TV screen like that.

I would seriously investigate Architectural Audio's suggestion.

nancy lindsay thanked dbh
  • sootsprite
    9 år siden
    The pictures look like they are low, but wait until you have the chairs there to determine how high up to move them. I like what you have done :-)
    nancy lindsay thanked sootsprite
  • nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Wow- they are awesome- but would hate to loose all storage space too- Guess I need to decide which is more important- thanks for taking the time to send me this!

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

I raised the photos just a little- If I had a wall that was not so big then I would not worry with trying to do anything around tv- but thats not the case. My tv issue seems to just grow-sorry my phone cannot capture true height of this big blank wall. I wonder now if I should hang something above each print that is smaller- maybe even a round mirror> I saw a pair of two that had a wooden teal frame from Joss and Main. Apologies for driving you nuts on this tv thing!!! I think my next home I am go just have it in bedroom and no tv in living room-LOL

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Maybe I should wait until chairs are in place???

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Just found this pic, and now I am torn- I can always move these pics to my dining room on each side of very large window and do this.?????

• LORDON Lane
    9 år siden
    now I know u mentioned that a wall full of photos would b distracting but when I did it it became more like cool wall paper n never was a distraction. it just became a wow factor for the room. the only difference between the 2 big photos on either side n the inspiration pic is wow :)
    nancy lindsay thanked LORDON Lane
  • dbh
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

house2514: I still hate the TV there (and always will) :) -- but I definitely think what you just posted, with the artwork on shelves like that, staggered, makes this look a lot less shrine-like to the TV-- than your original. That looks pretty good, to my eye.

• leemiller
    9 år siden
    It is hard to tell without a picture from further back to get a better sense of the wall. I think I have a similar issue with my tv. I've been considering some asymmetrical shelves on one side. I also don't like a gallery wall around a tv.
  • nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

I will try to get my son to take a pic with his zoom attachment so ya'll can see wall- you are seeing about half of wall space- so wondering after I get chairs-the two pics can be moved over- away from tv and accent more over chairs- if that makes any sense-

• Karen P
    9 år siden
    I love the above picture with the shelves! I think it draws the eye up away from the TV. Also, the asymmetrical arrangement is much more interesting and balanced.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 år siden
    Stack the pic on left side of TV. Dropping the bottom down about 3-4" the just 2 inches between. On other wall get a big Palm in a nice silver pot place in corner. In front of it buy 3 pots different colors and height the tallest being 3-4 ft. Group together. Do not put TV on wall. I would really get a much longer buffet type chest. In a dark wood. Then do pictures stacked, and Palm but no pots. Furniture should fit the wall. Big walls like yours need bigger longer furniture. That's why it doesn't look right. And you will spend a lot of money and time trying to fill it.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 år siden
    I would not put chairs next to TV. What is purpose? Just to fill space? Furn needs to function.
  • nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Nancy Travisinteriors- thank you for your suggestions. I actually already have the palm! I do need the chairs because when our kids are home or friends over not enough sitting space- thats why don't care if you can watch tv from chairs because we don't have it on then. I debated over the length of chest when looking for one- first started with one almost 7 feet long-but after I taped off how much room it would take- it looked like the chairs would be crowded and not enough room for side tables. Its funny that this is the second house I have had that has had a wall like this. As far as the color of chest goes- I was told that I needed one piece a different color-as I have lots of other pieces of dark wood in room - My perfect solution to all this would have been to put the sofa on this wall-----but now that we have been so blessed with the new monster tv's-lol-it would not fit where smaller one use to be. All this stress over a tv- but my hubby is happy. He loves to cook and kitchen is behind this room so he can see it-

Thank you again!

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Nancy Travisinteriorts PS---forgot to say that this chest is 65 inches long, although in pics it doesn't look that big- it is also high- thought the lower ones would make the wall that much taller looking.

• nancy lindsay
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Nancy Travisinteriors- one more ps- if I stack the pics- should I come way over as far from tv as I can and still look ok????

• PRO
    Super Organizing Solutions
    7 år siden

If TV has a pedestal, raise it so the TV sits a little higher. If there's no pedestal stand, then hang the TV about 4"-5" above the cabinet. I do find the stand a little skimpy for the size of the TV - but it looks ok. There are too many rectangles and all the symmetry on the wall makes it boring. Soften it up with wall groupings; shelves, smaller pictures on one side or larger art with an alternative shape on the other -. Consider the TV "art" and use it in the grouping.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.