cappergirl

Need help with furnishing this great room

cappergirl
9 år siden

New house. The wood floor are that you see now was the dining area. Dining table will be large and will be where the tape measure is laying on floor. Rug will be replaced with wood floors throughout, so there will be a little more continuity, but the fireplace still faces diagonally into the carpeted area. I have no idea how to orient furniture in this room. There is a big stone fireplace that I think should have some focus on it, but then again, it's in a weird place in the room. And there is another wall that is all windows with a view, so some focus should be there also. Help! Hopefully you can get a feel for the space from the photos. I should have taken a panoramic picture of the room. Will do so soon and repost. I don't have any furniture yet, so very open to ideas. Anyone have any advice regarding furniture? The room is huge. I suppose there could be more than one seating area?

(6) kommentarer

• cappergirl
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

at the moment, i'm thinking u-shaped sectional with the longest middle part facing the big windows. and maybe some swivel chairs closer to the windows...?

• cappergirl
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

i'm thinking something like this, only the reverse (left hand chaise instead of right) and to put it near the long wall so that the center section would face the windows.

• cappergirl
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

not sure about the exact style, but i like the idea of maybe having swivel chairs like this near the windows so they could face either way...

• PRO
    Shenzhen Yadea Furniture Co., Ltd
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

How about the decorations as bellows?

Modern classic furniture reproduction factory in china. Welcome to vist www. chinayadea.com.

• cappergirl
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

yes, i agree. modern furniture would be weird in this room/house. okay, good idea about the taping it off. no tv in the room i don't think. there is another room where the tv will go.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.