jmearth

which white paint?

Judy Earthman
9 år siden

Our home is located in snow country, has wall to wall windows, and is surrounded by evergreens, which throw green. Which white won't look cold in winter, or too warm in summer? (ceiling is pine)

(3) kommentarer

• User
    9 år siden

If the windows are north facing, the light is cooler, so you need a warmer tone of white. If the windows are west or south-facing, the light is warmer, so you want to go cooler with the white to avoid a yellow cast. If the windows are east-facing, the light tends to be neutral. You didn't mention the direction of your windows, which is why I am being vague.

Judy Earthman thanked User
  • PRO
    Level Five Painting, LLC.
    9 år siden
    I'd recommend use a color called Atrium White from Benjamin Moore.
    Judy Earthman thanked Level Five Painting, LLC.
  • Judy Mishkin
    9 år siden

our vacation home is painted atrium white, if def has a pinkish under tone (vs blue or green). paint a section of wall into both sides of a corner, see if you like how it looks in the shadows. painting a piece of posterboard isnt going to be enough to see if you like it or not.

Judy Earthman thanked Judy Mishkin
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.