asmolij

Help- master bedroom feeling blah

Auburn
9 år siden
What would you all recommend to make this space more cozy and serene?

(11) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    9 år siden

larger lamps, fewer pillows, low contrast art.

• User
    9 år siden

Love your bed, bedding, and shag rug. The paint color feels dark to me. Maybe artwork and the addition of another mirror would help brighten the space. If that doesn't help, I would consider painting the room in a lighter color. I do love the color of your walls, but both your floors and furniture are dark, so the furniture is getting lost. A lighter wall color would make all your furniture pop.

• PRO
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    9 år siden

Cozy...serene....love that request. Wood floor great, windows with outside coming in and soft drapes are great, shag rug great, amount of space good. If you are okay with "older collectible" things and antiques then that is key to "cozy". Bringing nature and nature colors more inside is key to "serenity". So, will get back to you on some "visual ideas". In the meantime here are some short lists of approach for SERENE & COZY.

What stays:

* warm wood tone floor

* white drapes

* bed position

* shag rug

* taupe wall color (?)

What goes away:

* black items

* shadows

* anything too, fussy and high maintenance

* anything hard and cold

What gets added:

* more white soft bedding (skirt, duvet, etc... maybe a padded headboard?)

* more lighting everywhere

* ample nightstands NOT a pair ( this is more casual and cozy)

* chair and ottoman or chaise near window to enjoy outside

* nature art or mural on wall at right angles to window (dresser wall)

* furniture finishes soft on the eyes (gray, taupe, weathered, aged marble etc...)

* at least 1 furniture item with character, age

* at least 1 furniture item with warmth that ties into wood floor

Here is my concept for your room based on what I know:

• Auburn
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Wow!!! This is amazing! Thank you so much!
  • PRO
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    9 år siden

Thank you for such an interesting design request. I really enjoyed myself. All the best and good luck.

• pcmom1
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

Cozy and serene...must have larger end tables and lamps for a start. Bedding to the floor I think.

Bed frame seems pretty severe. Think you should shop for new, or create a new headboard yourself. Something softer.

Tributary · Mere information

• dollymibella
    9 år siden

Change your wall color, that's def going to look less blah.

• Aria A
    9 år siden

maybe add more lightning, and a few plants and hanging a painting above the bed would be nice

• PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    9 år siden

Hey there.

I have a blog posts that may offer a little inspiration.

http://timothyriversinteriors.com/2015/04/28/the-secret-to-creating-a-killer-master-bedroom/

If you have specific questions feel free to email me timothyriversinteriors@gmail.com

Happy Designing!

• Stephanee Souza
    9 år siden

The window in the bedroom lets in wonderful light, try enhancing this great aspect by lightening up the remainder of the room. Lighter colored paint, a mirror, and plants will play well off of the natural light. You can also paint the furniture (bed frame, dresser and end tables) to add pops of color without having to buy all new furniture.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.