trinityequine

Needs curb appeal- Blank slate to modern farmhouse-Help!

trinityequine
9 år siden
sidst ændret:9 år siden

Hi- My house and barn need some curb appeal! It's really a blank slate. Looking for new outdoor lighting and other "spruce" up suggestions. Current garage lights are ugly and way to small in my opinion. Budget is tight- can't do anything requiring construction. Color needs to stay the same.

-Shutters or not? It just looks soooo plain. If yes, which windows?

- Would like to add two lights on barn wall outside the doors. Should they match the garage lights or is that to matchy-matchy?

Other ideas? :) Thanks!

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Urbafloria
    9 år siden

I really like the paint color that you chose, what I think this farmhouse needs for curb appeal is landscaping. To stay on a budget I recommend to at least get a few trees in the ground, since they create a good environment for later understory plantings. Some cities have free tree give away programs. You can plant vines to train against the barn wall, try something that has similar water needs to rainfall in your area to keep it water smart.

Remember to use deciduous trees on the south side of your home to maximize winter sunlight for passive warming. Planting evergreen trees on the north side or the direction the prevailing winter wind blows will also help lower your heating bills.

Hope this helps!

trinityequine thanked Urbafloria
  • S Reams
    9 år siden
    Rather than shutters, thicker trim would make a HUGE difference!
    trinityequine thanked S Reams
  • trinityequine
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

Thank you! Very helpful! We planted a 4 ornamental trees last year toward the edges of the property. Are there any good small trees to plant close to the house that don't have nasty root issues or grow huge? Also, on the thicker wood trim... is that something we can purchase 'ready made' and just install? If so, if you know of any particularly good websites for that stuff please share! ;)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.