janelleboileau

Need help choosing new siding

janelle boileau
9 år siden

We have to update the exterior of our home (circa 1982) because the Robin's Egg blue really dates it. Any suggestions? The brick is light gray.

(12) kommentarer

• janelle boileau
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

I had been looking at darker gray but hadn't considered keeping trim etc. white. I was looking at even darker trim and a navy door but I like your idea better. I have to get past how "traditional" the house is now and think more modern. I really like this. Thanks!

• PRO
    CJ Evans Home Designs
    9 år siden

I like something a little more bold! This is a forest green. A red would go well too! You have such a neutral palette to start with almost any colour would work!! You can play with all sorts of colour with the following website... http://homeworks.homehardware.ca/en/ It even allows you to change to different types of siding!

janelle boileau thanked CJ Evans Home Designs
  • sootsprite
    9 år siden
    Here is an example of gray and white that is stunning

http://houzz.com/photos/352415
    janelle boileau thanked sootsprite
  • sootsprite
    9 år siden
    This grey is closer to yours. I would be tempted to paint the door a saturated color

http://houzz.com/photos/2840213
    janelle boileau thanked sootsprite
  • Joanne Ford
    9 år siden

Medium grey siding, lighter grey paint on garage door, (to match brick), remove screen door and paint front door a bold, lighter colour.

janelle boileau thanked Joanne Ford
  • janelle boileau
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

So many great ideas! Thank you so much. You can't know how helpful you all have been here.
    Many thanks!

• Caitlyn Jane
    9 år siden

DaVinci Cabot Red would look awesome. (Excuse my terrible paint skills hah)

janelle boileau thanked Caitlyn Jane
  • Bree Palmer
    9 år siden

Match the bricks or the grout between the bricks and then pop that front door! Garage can stay white or do it the same colour as you decide for the siding

janelle boileau thanked Bree Palmer
  • mosaicrevival
    9 år siden

I love the grey and white especially with that dark roof

janelle boileau thanked mosaicrevival
  • PRO
    Jeremie Lee Cook Productions
    9 år siden

Think of complimenting and accentuating your home's current features. I am not sure of the region you specifically live in, as I live near the beach and lots of pastels are making their way back in color wise with emphasis on trim and shutters and doors. As for a product, look up the "Artisan" series by James Hardie if you are re-siding your home. It is a more durable product with tons of life.

janelle boileau thanked Jeremie Lee Cook Productions
  • janelle boileau
    Forfatter
    9 år siden

This is so much fun playing with all these different ideas! We will have to narrow our choices down soon but all these wonderful suggestions have really opened our eyes to some more interesting solutions. Thanks so very much!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.