brendaoraas

Drawers instead of doors

brendaoraas
8 år siden
We are remodelling the kitchen. The designer has suggested having more beneath the counter drawer. I have never had those drawers instead of doors. What do others think? How do you use them?

Poll: drawers or doors
Drawers
Doors

(12) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

i had deep drawers and they were great. but this kitchen i did with pull out trays behind doors for my small appliances and i like it a lot. i'd always let the drawers get messy because i could. the pull outs require me to be tidy otherwise things fall off the sides and back. you be the judge of which would work best for you.

• Vicki Denson
    8 år siden

Everything below the waist drawers.

• User
    8 år siden

I have about half of each, and I hate getting on my knees or actually sitting on the floor to get something out of the back of the doored cabinets. I never have that with the deep drawers.

• User
    8 år siden

In fact, I have ended up assigning the doored cabinets for things I use less frequently exactly because of their inconvenience.

• Sally Pascale
    8 år siden

Big deep drawers. And shallow drawers. And pull-out shelves where there are actual lower cabinets. So...much...easier to find things.

• brendaoraas
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you for your comments. It seems overwhelming that drawers are preferred. I will have a closer look at the upper doors to see what makes more sense to have down, eg. Toaster, mixer, etc. Thanks again.

• User
    8 år siden

Ditto on the pull out shelves for the lower doors. They are great, and are preferable to drawers for certain items.

• lefty47
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

HI -- Do as many drawers on the bottom as you can afford . Once you have had pot drawers you will never want anything else , I promise !

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

yes for folks with doors that arent planning on a redo, pull out trays can be installed in them.

• User
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Yes to drawers. That was one of the reasons for our reno. My cabinet maker made them deep enough to accommodate my tallest pot. Love them. Love pull outs too.

• PRO
    David Sisson Architecture PC
    8 år siden

Drawers and pull outs in the cabinets with doors are great, but be careful with your budget as the drawer units and pull outs can be double what a basic cabinet without pullouts is.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.