atuffly

Formal Dining room needs major updating, any ideas?

atuffly
8 år siden

(16) kommentarer

• anne dee
    8 år siden

Hi! Atuffly.
    May I ask your style preference.
    preferred colours

atuffly thanked anne dee
  • atuffly
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hello there, We are looking to modernize and make somewhat simple. The style of the house is Traditional but anything close to that realm will be contemplated. We for sure will remove wallpaper and paint the room a more neutral color.

• jck910
    8 år siden

Get rid of the blue sofa(?). Is the table & chairs staying? Choose a rug, then you will have a starting point. Paint color will come from rug. If chairs are staying is cushion part of chair or separate?

atuffly thanked jck910
  • atuffly
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

All the items in the room are going so we will start over fresh with a 6 person dining table. Nothing else really set in stone except we would like it to be warm or neutral toned.

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

before you get rid of your table, use it to decide the size of the rug you need. when you pull out the chairs, the back chair legs need to stay on the rug.

atuffly thanked Judy Mishkin
  • atuffly
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Good tips guys, I didn't know how to choose a rug and your suggestions were super helpful! I will post Photos as we start.

• atuffly
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

We want the walls and white crown molding like this...

Beaver Lake Retreat by Design Guild Homes · Mere information

Any other suggestions?

• Lori East
    8 år siden
    I added you as a Collaborator to my Ideabook-Dining, if it helps inspire you!
    atuffly thanked Lori East
  • jck910
    8 år siden

Have you found a rug?

atuffly thanked jck910
  • Anna Kristín Gisla
    8 år siden

From looking at your idea books this is my input. Paint a greyish beige color, with white trim. Then add a ceiling rose and keep it white to keep that traditional style. That way you will keep that traditional style. Then add a nice wood table and some white modern chairs. Put a beautiful rug to add some color and then finishing touches of new curtains, light, art and greenery.

atuffly thanked Anna Kristín Gisla
  • PRO
    dePasquale Designs
    8 år siden

A beautiful drapery rod with lovely panels would add a perfect touch to the focal point window.

atuffly thanked dePasquale Designs
  • atuffly
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

A few possible rugs will be...

Nourison Graphic Illusions Area Rug · Mere information

Kaleen Khazana Teresa-86 Ivory, Area Rug, 2'x3' · Mere information

Chandra Gardenia Transitional Hand Tufted Rug X-60197-20703RAG · Mere information

Not sure which one though. I adore the first one and may put that one in the living room that is right next to this dining room.

• deconovi
    8 år siden

Can you provide other pics of the adjoining rooms?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

Your rug selections don't appear to work with your wood floors. The rugs all have a tendency toward pink.

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    8 år siden
    Remove everything in it. Remove wallpaper,paint. Remove window thing. Panels on ends only. Moulding looks too small remove. What is this room used for? Is it a dining room or a family room?? Also chandelier is too high and should be replaced. Lights should be 36" from top of table. Maybe a round table would work better. There is too much furniture in this room. What look are you going for?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.