heidiheehiho

I want to paint my house pink...am I making a mistake?

heidiheehiho
8 år siden

I need to paint the exterior of my house in Florida. I am in love with the idea of a pink house. Other houses in my neighborhood are a variety of pastels and neutrals. It seems like all of the men I have asked strongly object and all of the women love the idea. I plan on living there for a long time. It is hard to tell from the picture, but the house is currently a strange beige color.

Another "problem" is that I purchased exterior house paint a couple of months back when Clark+Kensington had a BOGO deal. I purchased a color called Koala Bear (a Behr color), and so I have 10 gallons of that sitting in my garage. I am afraid the Koala Bear will look horrible.

So...Koala Bear or Pink?

(20) kommentarer

• User
    8 år siden
    Pink houses are all over Florida. I would make it a softer paler pink than you've shown, more a shell pink (Behr Deco Shell or Shewin Williams Faint Coral). And crisp white trim. If it is a pale pink, as opposed to a bright pink, your menfolk won't object too much. And Internet search "pastel pink houses in Florida" you'll find lots of pictures. I think it will look great!
  • Liz H
    8 år siden
    Pale pink! Yes!

Would you dare to go with a fuchsia door? And lots and lots of flowering plants? Super cool!
  • heidiheehiho
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Definitely lots if flowering plants! I was thinking a door in a complementary blue shade.

• User
    8 år siden
    Pink sounds great!
  • miacometlady
    8 år siden
    How about a pink that leans towards coral... - lighter shade of the color of pants called Nantucket Reds!
    heidiheehiho thanked miacometlady
  • User
    8 år siden
    The coral is a nice idea...here is a color from Boca Raton with a coral-y main color...
    heidiheehiho thanked User
  • Peggy Hicks
    8 år siden
    Pink! Donate Koala paint to charity!
  • derk5
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I'm female, but I vote with the males on this one. Neutrals, yes. Pastels, definitely no! Have the Koala Bear paint tinted a warmer shade.

• Lindsay K
    8 år siden

Florida is one place where it's ok to have a pink house! Paint lots of samples first to make sure you like the color.

heidiheehiho thanked Lindsay K
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

My comment is based on the fact you own 10 gallons of koala bear paint (not that I am disagreeing with the pink..) Paint the house the k bear ( I think there is a hint of green in it) and pair it with a purple front door and lots of purple flowers in the yard. The columns would look great with some clematis...

heidiheehiho thanked JudyG Designs
  • miacometlady
    8 år siden

Craigslist for paint!

heidiheehiho thanked miacometlady
  • Kelley Dockrey
    8 år siden
    what is the color of your roof and style of your home? I'm not afraid of pink, but I do think that some architectural styles work better with pink than others. also, you want to pick a pink that will work with your roof.
  • Taxi Cabaret
    8 år siden
    Pink all the way! Giving away 3 or 4 hundred dollars worth of paint is not the end of the world.
  • Taxi Cabaret
    8 år siden
    Pink on that molding under the right window also, don't leave it white.
  • PRO
    788 Beach View Fl LLC
    4 år siden

PINK - did you do it? Show us a picture

• Houzz-bruger-ID-723183179
    3 år siden

what color did you go with?

heidiheehiho thanked Houzz-bruger-ID-723183179
  • heidiheehiho
    Forfatter
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

This photo is a few years old, as is this post. The flower bed has filled in. The color I chose was Sherwin Williams Oleander.

• heidiheehiho
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

• rollh01
    3 år siden

Pink! It’s your house!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.