avila2012

House with sea views!

avila2012
8 år siden
Fortunate to have this Caribbean island view from my back garden. Just trying to draw up a 2-storey house plan to take maximum advantage. Narrowish plot, on a little bluff up off the sand. This is just pre planning before I choose an architect but any ideas from this creative community would be very welcome. Please?

(9) kommentarer

• Kelley Dockrey
    8 år siden
    you might include a few parameters such as square footage, bedrooms, type of construction (cinder block, wood,:etc), etc.
  • Avery
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Oh wow.....where is this? Been looking to plan a vacay recently....more than likely back to either of our 2 "go to" islands (Turks & Caicos or Grand Cayman)....and your backyard reminds me of why we keep going back....it's that beautiful turquoise water. :-)))

• studio10001
    8 år siden

If I had such an opportunity, I would ask my architect to maximize light and breezes travelling throughout the house, and to provide a balcony for any bedroom facing this view. I would also look into sliding glass walls that would open to an outdoor living space. Then, since I am spending OPM, I would request reveals to keep all details flush, and natural finishes for their warmth and/or light reflective properties - both intended to keep emphasis on light and airiness that matches the outdoors'.

• PRO
    Elizabeth Kohn Design
    8 år siden

Yes hire and architect to work with you in developing the plans. Orient bedrooms facing the water if you can, make sure to think about window treatments should you need some sheer or solar shade. Bedrooms, living room should hopefully face the water for views. Lovely large outdoor covered seating area would be nice.

• Darzy
    8 år siden

Beautiful view! Lots of windows and outdoor living space/lanai on both levels for sure.

Elmstone · Mere information

• avila2012
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for comments so far. Concrete/limestone blocks and limestone render. Perhaps 4 beds upstairs, 1 downstairs. I love the huge glass windows but as the view is due west, awesome sunsets but blinding glare which fades the furnishings. Also the sea salt rusts everything so looking at rust proof and sun proof options.
    This is Barbados by the way...
  • studio10001
    8 år siden

The glass issue is a good item to mention to your architect. There are solar shades, as mentioned, window film, between -the- glass blinds, remote controlled anti -glare treatments new to the market..and likely a few things I haven't heard of yet.

There have also been large strides made in outdoor fabric, and companies like Sunbrella and Kravet are just the tip of the iceburg in fabric options. They combine well with natural choices such as duck or linen, and needn't stop you from enjoying large windows.

Letting your architect be the one to nix options you find appealing may pleasantly surprise you. I hope you'll let us be a fly on the wall while plans progress, as it is bound to be a fascinating adventure!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

I love solar shades for the ability to see the view and still protect the inside from fading and heat.I like them because on a cloudy day I can roll them up and get all the light possible.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.