tommyflan

Do you like orange?

Tom Flanagan
8 år siden

One of summer's many manifestations, orange is a colour that often makes an appearance in the year's hottest season! From ice lollies to bold accessories, orange gets around, but are you going to let it into your home?

If you love or loathe orange, leave us a comment and tell us why!

Hidden House, Ashburton, Devon · Mere information

(63) kommentarer

• helen18taylor
    8 år siden

I hate orange! I've no idea why, I live some other bright colours like red, pink, blue. I've never like orange. It's easily my worst colour. I wonder why?!

• PRO
    L'Atelier Natalia Willmott
    8 år siden

I like Orange but not bright orange and for accessories round the house not for the walls!

• PRO
    Couture Cases Ltd
    8 år siden

Our customers love our Orange Zenith textured vinyl radiator cover! Our best seller this year in coloured radiator covers. Really brightens up hallways and entrances. See the full range at modern radiator covers.

• PRO
    Style Within Limited
    8 år siden

Orange is a colour much misunderstood - until you try it.

• ladycragford
    8 år siden

Oh dear ! Sorry folks I hate orange as well !! Perhaps because it reminds me of the 1970s rented accommodation I lived in during my youth ! I don't even allow orange flowers in my gardens !!

• PRO
    Thomas Davies & Co ( London ) Ltd
    8 år siden

What a great way to start the day, an orange shower, very bold & confident - good job

• molly519
    8 år siden

Love Orange and love those tiles too! I have orange on my hall, stairs and landings (carpet and curtains) paired with Indigo blue Melinki Lace geometric wallpaper on one wall going up the stairs - really vibrant and welcoming. Also used it as a pop of colour in other rooms with cushions and accessories. Love it with lime green too.

• silyab53
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I bought an orange double sheepskin rug and an orange Missoni bed throw - gorgeous and snugly warm. I then had a new cover made for the larger of my sofas, with elements of orange, grey & black on a slightly off white base colour, the other sofa cover made in the off white. I bought extra of the large sofa fabric for curtains and have loads of cushions in those colours too. I love it. Even found a tiny leather clock with orange hands. Never thought I'd base 2 rooms around the colour we painted our Prefects room way back in the early seventies. When I get the rooms decorated it will be flat white everywhere with a huge black rug. Really love this colour now!!!

• Surbhi Gupta
    8 år siden
    I like orange color because its bright n can bring life to any dull place. "Orange is the new black"..
  • Sarah Louise
    8 år siden

i love orange! i have a few pieces - 60s vases, a lamp in my living room. i would have more but a certain someone is a party pooper...

• Rafael F. Bermejo
    8 år siden

I love it! My bathroom is all in orange. It is warm and chic at the same time :)

• silyab53
    8 år siden

Sarah Louise - I don't have a party pooper, but did once - wouldn't let me have grey carpets throughout, split up, bought house, put in grey carpet!!!

• Natalie Patton
    8 år siden
    I would've said orange wasn't my thing but then I saw this pic those tiles are amazing would defiantly let it in my home
  • mscle
    8 år siden

The colour orange is fresher than red but warmer than yellow so it looks great in all seasons. I love it! In my sitting room, I've got creamy yellow sofas and armchairs, the curtains fabric is creamy yellow with large orange flowers with touches of yellow and light green. I've used the same fabric to make cushions for the sofa and covered an ottoman. I've added a large bright orange lampshade to a floor lamp and touches of red in pictures and another floor lamp. The whole thing is cool and warm at the same time. Orange also looks great with turquoise and grey which I have used elsewhere in the house.

• silyab53
    8 år siden

Hi Natalie - I've seen amazing light pendants in orange if you want to dolly step first, or an orange cushion perhaps. Naeve Leuchten does gorgeous lighting including a domed table light in an orange colour, etched for relief, bit like Lalique. Look on Amazon or Wayfair - just checked, it's only on Amazon, but sold by Wayfair whose site it doesn't appear on. £53 free post.

• drhayley
    8 år siden
    We are having an orange kitchen island (cupboards & worktop)- here's the pics of the sprayed cupboard doors. Can't wait for it to be fitted in 2 weeks!
  • stevebrown1939
    8 år siden
    Yes it looks really good with green like this...
  • Natalie Patton
    8 år siden
    Silyab53 Orange pendant lights sound fab I'm defiantly working my way out of this colour phobia
  • silyab53
    8 år siden

Go girl! Grab an orange swatch of fabric or big piece of wallpaper and leave it in the room you're braving up to having orange in, then wait! Phobia sorted! Just amended my post by the way. B

• Natalie Patton
    8 år siden
    I'm still trying to figure out how to ament my posts! I'll give it a go thank u
  • Andrew Millar
    8 år siden
    yup,and love that orange blind in the bathroom PIC
  • Tom Flanagan
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I'm loving all the orange enthusiasm!

@dryhayley - I know we'd all love to see the finished product - an orange kitchen island is quite something!
    @nataliepatton - you can edit a comment with the 'Edit' icon in the top right-hand corner of the comment box, but are only able to do this for a week-long period after posting!

Orange is definitely proof that being bold, bright and a little fearless goes a long way!

• PRO
    H is for Home
    8 år siden

Like orange? LOVE orange! :-)

• silyab53
    8 år siden

Hi Natalie. Top Right Hand corner of your comment is an option to EDIT or DELETE. Hit edit and you can amend your post. B

• Kerry Donnelly
    8 år siden
    My fav colour at the moment
  • jhriding
    8 år siden
    We have an orange feature wall in our study which is supposed to help a positive work vibe!
  • PRO
    User
    8 år siden
    Summer time to dust of the Ron Arad chairs
  • silyab53
    8 år siden

Luuuurve the Ron Arad chairs. Glorious.

• PRO
    The London Tile Co.
    8 år siden

We love orange! Our Vibrants Orange gloss tiles are on special offer at the moment too for anyone looking to add a splash of colour to their kitchen or bathroom

• silyab53
    8 år siden

A.P Marriott Joinery - just seen pair of molded children's chairs in orange for sale on 'Preloved' -They're Swedish, makers mark, in Richmond I think, but she posts. If you have little ones they might look good in your garden near your glorious Ron Arad chairs. Just a thought.

• Tom Flanagan
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I'm beginning to wonder if there is anybody that doesn't love orange! :)

• Mrs M
    8 år siden
    Hmmmmm doesn't look like it Tom. I'm thinking of putting this splash back in my kitchen.
  • PRO
    Rob Crawshaw Photo
    8 år siden

Orange is great! Don't see enough orange around in my opinion. It can really add life to a space.

• Fred Wonder
    8 år siden

I despise orange. Just thinking about it makes my teeth hurt. It's nearly as vile as bubblegum pink, which I absolutely abhor.

• silyab53
    8 år siden

Fredwunder - you'd hate my touches of orange, including orange knitted teddy bears & golly which will be suspended from a ceiling hook. LOL Equally you'd loathe my bubblegum pink fridge freezer with matching cat basket on top!!!!!!

• milfordmaid
    8 år siden
    Remember the Orange Space-hoppers ... Great fun!!
  • PRO
    Sorrells Custom Wine Rooms
    8 år siden

Wow, orange does seem to create a Marmite discussion! I totally understand orange is a fabulous vivid colour but I just don't like it. Not sure how a wine cellar would look in orange?

• missq01
    8 år siden
    I love it, our kitchen had an muted orange wall till our recent makeover.
  • milfordmaid
    8 år siden
    Thought I didn't like orange until I looked around my own home. I've got orange kitchen walls - and it's a big kitchen too.
    When my eldest was selecting a dress for her Debs, she had a few ideas but I surprised myself by selecting an orange/salmon sheen dress for her. Now I am no way fashion savvy, nor very adventurous, not quite dowdy - but not too far away. My lady thought I was nuts but shop assistant persuaded her to try it on (to shut up Ma) and it was stunning. It just suited her + her skin+ hair colouring. Unfortunately for me, it was the most expensive of all the gowns she fitted on .... But she was worth it + was the Belle of the ball.
  • benburnett
    8 år siden
    Just reminds me of B&Q in that shade. I must say I've never been keen on something so bold.
  • Annie O'Connor
    8 år siden

I love it. Can't wait to retire and do up a place just to my liking with likely lots of it and strong yellows. At least I was allowed to have an orange sofa in my work study. Have taken down the wall fabric now and turned it into cushions. Not sure why Ikea provided all these plain cushions with it.

• Jane Bateman
    8 år siden

I certainly love my LeCreuset Volcanic casserole dish, which I carried back from a day trip to Calais in 1984. It has a little friend now and a kettle!

• Orina
    8 år siden

Love the colour. Very cheerful. Don't think I could live with it for long, but nice for a change. Always loved the LeCreuset dishes, but felt that "antiqued" edging too dated. Leave it plain, then they would stand out.

• PRO
    Waterhall Joinery Ltd
    8 år siden

Hi, in my professional opinion a bold colour makes a good statement, and will offset the other features of the bathroom (or any room), as the eye is drawn to the colour.

• PRO
    Patience Designs Studio Ltd
    8 år siden

Love orange!

• Alison
    8 år siden
    I'm ambivalent about it, but my 9yo loves it, he desperately wants his bedroom decorated orange, this has given me loads of ideas!
  • PRO
    Denys & Fielding
    8 år siden

We love orange, particularly the sunny, marigold variety! We use it in our deckchairs and cushion covers. Wouldn't be without it!

Indoor-outdoor comfy cushions · Mere information

• PRO
    Egon Walesch Interior Design
    7 år siden

I never used to like orange. I had a real aversion to it until my late twenties. Friends used to joke about having to hide the oranges in the fruit bowl! But now I love it and use it frequently in my designs. As many have mentioned, it works brilliantly to give pops of colour to liven up a scheme. I'd also love to create a room that takes the Hermès carrier bag as the starting point for a design. I think that orange with a dark brown trim would look incredible. I just need to persuade a client to go with it!

The orange tiled wall by van Ellen and Sheryn architects looks great. Well done!

• tamp75
    7 år siden
    Also hated orange until my son wanted chocolate orange smelling soap in his new grey en suite & my eyes were suddenly opened - looks amazing with grey!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.