alexstaggard

can a stove and a sink go on an island?

alexstaggard
8 år siden
kitchen cooking space
trying to figure out if I can put a prep sink next to a stove top that will be in an Island, if so what are the Australian standards for the dimensions

(4) kommentarer

• Sharon Bouchard
    8 år siden

Did yu get an answer to this? I'm sure i have seen islands with both those things. Don;t know any rules but it would be annoying to have the sink right up against any stovetop. I would leave at least 15cm

• Nicky Avery
    8 år siden

Did you get an answer, if not ask your electrician he should have a standards book.

• PRO
    anewhouse.com.au
    8 år siden

I think of the two a stove top is better on the island.

See This Article for the reasons why.

• PRO
    Blue Label Construction
    8 år siden

One of the issues with cooktops in the island is that you should have a range hood above - and pending on your ceiling design this may not be achievable or wanted. Also note that Australian standard states that all cook tops need an isolator switch within 1 meter of the cook top (normally I would put it as part of a double GPO on the splash back close to the cooktop - this can be problematic with an island.) I like to put prep bowls in the islands, but generally leave all main sinks and cooktops in the main kitchen bench, having them with a splash back behind is a lot more practical when it comes to cleaning.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.