karen1363

conservatory/dining room

Karen
8 år siden
I am in the process of redecorating my dining room with a shabby chic decor in mind. I would like to paint the table, chairs and bookcase white and distress it however my husband prefers wood in its natural state. I have bought new roman blinds in duck egg blue with a white and ivory print, I am struggling to decide how to dress the table to match. I will de- clutter the bookcase and am considering putting a console table next to it. I am also considering putting either a shelf or picture above it. Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    LINDDNA
    8 år siden

Hi Karen. I saw your post and thought that you might consider using either placemats or a classic table runner to style the dinner table.You can see some of what I have in mind in our Houzz project here (scroll down to the placemats and table runners). They are all made from recycled leather and thus have a natural, simple and durable texture. Best of luck :)

• Karen
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hi Linddna, Thank you for reading my post and suggesting s lovely idea. I did think of a white linen table cloth with a patterened duck egg table runner, but I love the fact that the one that you suggested has a natural, simple texture.

• PRO
    Samantha James Design-Interior Design
    8 år siden

Hi Karen,

two things immediately came to mind when I saw your images. Firstly, I would leave the table as it is, by painting it in a conservatory where there can be a lot of light can fade the paint in different places on the table over time. Have you thought of maybe just changing the chairs for an chic-er look. Maybe various shapes and colours sourced from your local tip or second hand store? You could maybe have a set of white wooden chairs sourced from IKEA for example.

Also, the corner where there is a tin of paint, I would move your Yukka into that space instead. It looks too cramped on the right hand side.

Again with the table, I would leave it bare ( less is more in a conservatory, due to fading and the fact the you don't have much space to play with) . I would place three glass jars on your table with a little sand in the bottom of each and a church candle.

Finally, the piece de la resistance the lighting. You could change that for a real statement piece which would look amazing and bring everything together.

There are some amazing chandeliers out there that are also very inexpensive.

Good luck with your design.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.