luijuls

Bathroom ideas

Juliet A
8 år siden
We would really like to upgrade our main bathroom. It's a small space (5x8) but it's our only bathroom. We purchased an expresso vanity with granite vanity top and are having trouble piecing everything together. I have attached a picture from the Internet with the vanity we recently purchased. Any ideas?

(16) kommentarer

• TanCalGal
    8 år siden

The new vanity and top does not repeat anything in the bathroom. See if you can return.

If return is not an option: paint bathroom in the light beige color of the lightest color of the granite. Add art with frames that repeat the dark espresso vanity.

• L J
    8 år siden
    So was the vanity all you purchased? Not the matching mirror? If not I would begin by painting the walls and wainscoting one of the lighter colors in the granite. Then I'd either replace the mirror / medicine cabinet with an oval shape Black framed to match the vanity or if money won't allow paint what you have black. Know it would be tedious but painting shower door frame black would pull it in as well. Look at your sink and shower hardware for matching finish. Match any other bathroom accessories towel bars etc to sink hardware finish. You would now have a cream and black bathroom. Pick a color like teal for your towels and accents.
  • L J
    8 år siden
    You could also hang a curtain over the shower doors. That would hide the bottles of products and bath stuff when you have guest. Since this is your main bath.
  • Juliet A
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for the feedback. I should have been more specific. We are actually in the process of respong the entire bathroom. We are going to change everything including tiles. I want a bath tub instead of shower. I'm in the process of looking for a medicine cabinet or mirror. We are really having trouble finding tiles to match the vanity. I'm thinking of taking the wainscoting off the wall but I'm not sure. Do you think beige walls and beige tiles will work? I've heard that we should use light floors for small bathrooms to make it look bigger. I'm not sure if this is true.
  • Alexandra
    8 år siden
    what kind of beige are you thinking about?
  • Juliet A
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    A light cream color or very light beige
  • TanCalGal
    8 år siden

You have an espresso vanity and a white sink: I would follow the photo below. All the same tile + beige towels. I'd tile the wainscoting too and show very little painted wall. The wall that does show: a very light beige pulled from the granite. See how to find a good paint color here:

http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/

I agree with ljksen: the mirror should repeat the espresso vanity for the best look.

Tiburon home with Asian influence · Mere information

• Juliet A
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for all the feedback
  • acm
    8 år siden

yes, I like beige -- you can get some very nice tile that replicates the look of that stone. I wouldn't tile all the walls though -- take off the wainscotting and paint the walls a light cream that matches the tone of your tile and countertop. Probably get a white tub, but then you can use that same floor tile in your shower, and you might consider a band of darker mosaic to tie in the espresso without darkening the room too much. (horizontal is more traditional, and easy just above a tub, but vertical is more modern and splashy, good for an infusion of glam.)

Mill Valley Family Home · Mere information

New build, Pierrefonds · Mere information

• Juliet A
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks ACM do you know what kind of tile is in the first picture?
  • acm
    8 år siden

Well, they don't say, but this is a pretty standard look -- a light travertine (if you want stone), or something like this beige Roman tile from Lowes.

• Juliet A
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I'll look into it. Thanks
  • acm
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Here are some sorts of accents:

11.8"x11.8" 3D Silver and Pewter Aluminum Square Mosaic Tile, Single Sheet · Mere information

http://www.lowes.com/pd_269569-93840-20-594___?productId=3378600

• PRO
    HUGHES KITCHEN AND BATH COLLECTION
    8 år siden

Luijus,

Your possibilities are endless at this point and therefore I'm assuming the motivation for your post. You could do everything beige and it would be "safe" but don't feel like it's your only solution in a smaller space. We recommend finding a pro in your area that could assist you with pulling a concept together that you could then make purchases towards. Really want/need to do it on your own? Then start with searching Houzz and Pinterest for images of bathrooms you like. You will notice a common thread when you step back and look at them as a whole. Some basic upgrade tips to get you started: Based on your vanity purchase we say remove the paneling on the walls. If you are installing a tub then a shower curtain rod will eliminate the dated glass doors. If you stay with a shower then a frameless shower door is the way to go. If storage is a must then there are many medicine cabinet lines that offer framed mirror looks while providing storage in the wall; otherwise a framed mirror over the vanity will go a long way. Update your toilet with one that offers a comfort height and an elongated bowl. The images below are just to highlight the use of light tiles vs. dark tiles and light walls vs. dark walls and how both can be the right answer in a well designed bathroom.

• Juliet A
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for all the feedback
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.