tommyflan

Hands up if you'd like a walk-in wardrobe!

Tom Flanagan
8 år siden

Sometimes there's just not enough space for all your clothes - guys can struggle with the number of shirts, and girls, there's always room for more shoes no? Walk-in wardrobes are a wonderful extra and there's something quite luxurious about them!

So, what are your thoughts on walk-in wardrobes? Hands up if you'd love one, or let us know why you wouldn't!

Wood and Metal Screens · Mere information

(19) kommentarer

• PRO
    Neatsmith
    8 år siden

Couldn't agree more! We think a walk-in wardrobe is a wonderful storage solution and so elegant!

• PRO
    NK interior design
    8 år siden
    Yes! It's a wonderful solution! And lucky ones, who have enough space for it! :)
  • niclips
    8 år siden

Would love one - just don't have the space unfortunately, but do have alternative of built in wardrobes in every room - not the same but still......

• k11agl
    8 år siden
    It's like s dream come true - of course I do!! I'm a woman, what do you think??? ;-)
  • lynyung
    8 år siden

I am in the process of having an extension built including a new bedroom for me. This has a walk in wardrobe/dressing room and it is looking super. I insisted to the architect from the start that this had to be part of the design. Can not wait for completion and putting all my clothes and shoes in their new home. There is also an area for make up with an illuminated mirror.

• vv0123
    8 år siden

Don't really see the point of waisting floor space, provided there is a suitable location for built-ins. Despite this opinion, we are actually going to have one soon, as the 4-th bedroom is the smallest one I have ever seen - 2x2 m. As we have another room for a study, there is no other practical use for this one, so we are turning it to a walk-in wardrobe. And there will be proper built-ins in it - with doors. I don't like open rails or shelves, where the clothes get dusty.

• sizzlinghot
    8 år siden

Now who wouldn't like a walk in wardrobe if they had the space. I had floor to ceiling wardrobes fitted in two bedrooms by Sharps. and One big one L shape from Better Living. Tons of Storage. I just need to declutter from what one accumulates with having more space. One of the Wardrobes has a built in Posh Vanity Unit. My daughter Loves it. A Space for everything.

• PRO
    Three Interiors
    8 år siden

Like lynyung, I'm also planning a major extension to our house and a walk in wardrobe/dressing area is a MUST as far as I'm concerned!! If you've got the space- do it :-) I agree that some of it should be closets though, I'm not a fan of dusting clothes!

• cjbk
    8 år siden
    We have just started building our house and a walk in wardrobe is in the plans which I am very excited about, it is not very big so will need to use the space wisely.
  • PRO
    My Bespoke Room
    8 år siden

We had this long thin room with three dormer windows (so a very awkward shape) for domestic use. The solution? Use it as a walk in wardrobe and it has worked out really well with double hanging in each window and chests of drawers in between. We even did it on a super tight budget . . .

• Tom Flanagan
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

@MyBespokeRoom - Lovely work, and great use of what's clearly a difficult space!

Has anyone else got pictures of their walk-in wardrobes?

• Jan Johnson
    8 år siden

OK as long as people don't put the worn clothes next to the clean unworn ones. I have seen a few and they are smelly. shoes and coats, jackets and wooly jumpers. i never put worn clothes in with laundered ones and i just might if i had more space. In real life they don't look like they do on Houzz.

• PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    8 år siden

Just converted a corridor into a walk in wardrobe - heaven!! Jan Johnson - worn clothes go in the laundry basket to be - laundered - then put back fresh smelling in the (new) wardrobe. Sad really, but I have actually colour co-ordinated the clothes, even hubby is following what I have started - looks so much better.

• PRO
    Monzie Joinery
    8 år siden

Our latest client has just read Marie Kondo's book and wants her wardrobe designed with her techniques in mind, but you have to love a walk in wardrobe!

• tamp75
    8 år siden
    We are just in the process of building one. It's an added bonus to our bungalow renovation / loft conversion. Didn't think we'd have room but we have which is good as fitting wardrobes into a loft room can be a little difficult. It will be 3 m X 2 so not huge but better than squeezing wardrobes into the bedroom.
  • PRO
    Jamie Williams Design Ltd
    8 år siden

How about a walk-in en suite!

Portfolio · Mere information

• PRO
    Three Interiors
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I've just designed my own walk in wardrobe after doing them for clients for years. I'm going for the "Carrie from Sex and the City" layout, where you walk through the wardrobe to the ensuite. Unfortunately, my wardrobe will not be stuffed full of designer labels though! NB it is also the pre Mr Big wardrobe, yikes, don't ever think I'd have a house big enough for that one!!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.