ahmed_rashid6581515

Which backsplash should we go with?

Ahmed Rashid
8 år siden

My wife and I have our choices for a backsplash basically down to these 3 choices. We looked at soooo many different styles and samples the last few days and visited 7 different stores. We are pretty set on one of these. We spoke to a lot of different people and everyone has their own opinion. I would love to get your opinions on which we should choose and why. Thanks!!

This is what our kitchen looks like.

And the three choices. The first one has mirror pieces in it. What you see is the reflection. We really liked this one b/c of how it reflects the surrounding and how it looks with our appliances.

#2 More grays in this one.

#3 Herringbone in white. The diagonal pattern is a nice touch.

(44) kommentarer

• intown123
    8 år siden
    I am a bit hesitant about 1 and 2 because of the busy high contrast look with counters that already have detail as well as the lip of counter already on the backsplash. I am also hesitant about 1 and 3 because of what looks like a natural stone that is different from the counter. My choice would be to go monochromatic. You already have some backsplash (unless removing that is an option which would be ideal). Something in the style of what you have but all one color glass or ceramic. If I had to eliminate one of these it would be 2.
    Ahmed Rashid thanked intown123
  • PRO
    Washington Marble Works
    8 år siden

I agree, #3 is the best of the options! Are you removing the 4" existing splash?

Ahmed Rashid thanked Washington Marble Works
  • Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I had a feeling most people would say #3! I have a contractor coming to take a look at removing that 4 inch splash that goes up. We would like to remove it, but have been told by one place that they recommend not removing b/c it may damage the granite underneath. They don't want to be liable for anything. I have seen some people leave it. Can it be removed safely? Our home is just 1.5 years old (we bought it brand new), if that matters.

• acm
    8 år siden

was afraid to ask -- how removable depends on whether it was attached above or behind the granite -- if the latter, then you leave a gap. anyway, you can live with it if you must...

Ahmed Rashid thanked acm
  • K L
    8 år siden

#3!

Ahmed Rashid thanked K L
  • Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

The 4 inch piece it is literally on top of the granite counter and touching the wall. And yes, we would like it removed, but can live with it if necessary. Thanks everyone for your input!

• Krystal Lund
    8 år siden

I like 3.

Ahmed Rashid thanked Krystal Lund
  • Mani Medina-Markham
    8 år siden

I believe three is best given the busy nature of the countertops.

Ahmed Rashid thanked Mani Medina-Markham
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    8 år siden

Yes, three is best. Don't worry about the granite lip. It will look fine.

Ahmed Rashid thanked Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 år siden

#3 ... removing the 4" back splash is not necessary

Ahmed Rashid thanked Lynne Mysliwiec
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 år siden

Let me amend that. I would pick #3. You should pick the one you like the best :-)

Ahmed Rashid thanked Lynne Mysliwiec
  • PRO
    Jade Designs Building Design & Drafting
    8 år siden
    Last one out of the choices...have you considered laminex metaline??
    Ahmed Rashid thanked Jade Designs Building Design & Drafting
  • tgb1
    8 år siden

Ahmed Rashid thanked tgb1
  • Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

We looked at laminex metalline, but everytime I see it, it's with a white kitchen/cabinets and contrasts nicely. I don't think a bright, bold color will go well with our dark cabinets.

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
    8 år siden
    Sorry didnt think that uploaded. This is one of my house designs using the metaline with a dark bench
    Ahmed Rashid thanked Jade Designs Building Design & Drafting
  • PRO
    8 år siden
    Diamond Ice or icicle metallic
  • Kristy
    8 år siden

I would choose #3

Ahmed Rashid thanked Kristy
  • User
    8 år siden

I like your third option

Ahmed Rashid thanked User
  • PRO
    cg interiors group
    8 år siden

The countertop has so much movement, I'd also opt for number 3 - it has the softest colors.

Ahmed Rashid thanked cg interiors group
  • Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

3, or a different solid in the same pattern.

Ahmed Rashid thanked Judy Mishkin
  • Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

i did a busy backsplash with a busy counter, this was 7 years ago. looks very dated, as people have since wised up.

• grapefruit1_ar
    8 år siden

If I was forced to pick I would go with #3.... But I would prefer a solid color for the same reasons as " nnigrt" said.

Ahmed Rashid thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you again to everyone for chiming in. Clearly, people love the # 3 option herringbone. My wife and I are leaning towards it. It's simple, clean, and classic. However, if anyone has a strong suggestion for anything else, please post a picture.

• kittnkaboodle
    8 år siden
    I like 3
  • PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden

All of your choices are very nice, in their own right. I would suggest, due the granite with extreme speckling, that you may look at subway tile that will be glossy or metallic, and in gray or white. Check out Case Design http://www.houzz.com/pro/casedesignremodeling/case-design-remodeling-inc They have quite a lot of great projects to help with your decision.

• PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Staged Listing NEW CONTRUCTION by Staged Home Decor · Mere information

My personal opinion is, this is clashing too much with the granite. The floor choice is all wrong, of course. That said, you may feel this just what your were thinking when you were narrowing down your choices. Ultimately, you will be looking at it everyday. This is a new contruction Staging Project from one of my own real estate listings.

This is a recent staging of real estate investor property. Does this appeal/help you?

• Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

^I disagree with you. To each their own.

• PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden

Ahmed, as I said this is your kitchen and you will be looking at it everyday. The photos show very nice cabinets and backsplashes similar to your choices. I hoped to help by showing the similar finished projects.

• Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I appreciate you posting the pics to give us ideas, I just disagree with the floor being "all wrong". That's all.

• PRO
    Cabinets 4U, Inc.
    8 år siden

Do you want the backsplash to be the "star"?

Choosing a kitchen focal point? Here is a great
    article that might help: Kitchen
    Focal Point

Ahmed Rashid thanked Cabinets 4U, Inc.
  • Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I just wanted to follow up with pics of the final product. We did get the herringbone. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

• PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden

Can't wait to see the pic. I want to let you know, that my comments below the pics I posted, were of the pics I had posted not yours. You flooring is fabulous!

• PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden

Very nice!

• PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

BTW, my own cabinets are exactly like yours.

• Ahmed Rashid
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Staged Home Decor - I think I misunderstood your comments before. I apologize for that. I get it now. And thanks!

• PRO
    Your Home With Deb
    8 år siden

oh yes and my hardwood is the same. :)

• shannonmccall77
    8 år siden
    #3, or something similar.
  • PRO
    Tile Designs of New England
    8 år siden

#3 would work best.

• Doyle Hou
    8 år siden

I like the third one the best out of the options that you suggested. I feel that it compliments your existing design the best out of the three. Good luck!

• PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    8 år siden

oh boy people, he already went with #3... see pics above ;)

looks great :)

xoxo eva @ MONARCH SOFAS

CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF CUSTOM SOFA AND SECTIONAL PROJECTS

KENZIE STYLE ( aka NELLIE) - Chesterfield Sofa or Sectional · Mere information

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

I would like to see a subway tile in clear glass for the backsplash.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.