jiezin

Window size

Marta Iezin
8 år siden
Guys, where did get the window? And what size is it?
20 Old Oaks · Mere information

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    River Architects
    8 år siden

Hi Marta, the window sizes vary. They are triple-glazed from Hurd Windows and Doors, but I am now specifying higher-performance windows from Europe. You may want to look into Yaro, Intus, or Zola Windows- all terrific in terms of features, functionality, and extremely high-performance. Costs vary, but the European windows delivered to the East Coast have a smaller carbon footprint and can cost less than domestic windows. And the features and performance are out of this world.

• Brenda Abramson
    8 år siden

What type of window glass would you recommend for protecting large art works? Do the European windows supply this type? thanks!

• Germain Wong
    7 år siden

Thanks for the insights River Architects. I'm looking into windows now, and came across Zola -- waiting for their estimate and hoping they will come in lower than Fleetwood!

• PRO
    River Architects
    7 år siden

Germain, you may also try contacting Fentrend, which is a new service that matches buyers with window manufacturers. The cost for their services is borne by the manufacturers, whether you go through with the purchase or not: http://fentrend.com/

Brenda, I missed your comment from YEARS ago, sorry! Certainly coatings can be added to the glass, especially those that would reduce UV damage to artwork. But the work I am doing on a private art gallery now has lead us to the conclusion that all light is bad for art, so use shades, shutters, and any other type of lighting control when you are not viewing art.

Exterior blinds that can be remotely controlled work really well- and are part of our daylighting control strategy in designing Passive Houses for maximized solar gain when desired, and reducing/eliminating it when overheating might be a problem- an approach that has been developed long ago in Europe: http://www.renson-sunprotection.com/ There are US suppliers, assuming that is where you are located.

• Brenda Abramson
    7 år siden

Thank you so much for answering this - you are right, since most artwork is conducive to fading even when "protected" by UV glass... I like your idea of the remote exterior blinds. And yes, I am in the Los Angeles, CA area...

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.