ger0824

NEED HELP IN MY FAMILY ROOM

ger0824
11 år siden
My family room space is all wrong. I have leather sofas in a cranberry color. The rug is beautiful with stainless steel insets but the color does not match, nor do the toss pillows. I just purchased two black end tables and I am looking for two new lamps – then I will remove the table lamp and free standing lamp. I also need to replace the coffee table, as well as the breakfast table. I do not particularly like the sofas but they were pricey and need to stay – I need to re-introduce a new color and was thinking of black/slate tones. Any comments would be much appreciated. I have a contemporary style.

(114) kommentarer

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Thanks, onthefence.
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Tis is concpts work thank you
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    You are willcome
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Want to say thank you to "onthefence".
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Thanks all of you for your kind words
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Im sorry Im speaking defrent languge some times icant explen very good and my spleeing is not good
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    I'm sorry too, ok I understand.
  • onthefence
    11 år siden
    And you're very welcome from me too LB ;-) I'm 'wall space poor' and I've always loved that idea and wished I had a place to do it in our current house.
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    LB/onthefence,thank you very much for your kink tretment and lovely comments i hope to receved more comments from you about my comments its good comments or not
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    I can't imagine the difficulty with another language.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Thank you all so much, those that posted "like" on my speech above. Maybe I'm not crazy.
    I really appreciate it. I really didn't think anyone would "like" .
  • Keena Paul
    11 år siden
    Hello. If you want to have a classic room. First, think of a theme that matches your personality. Then, there you can base your decors and color. For example, if you want a vintage theme. Then, opt for neutral colors and decors that are vintage looking. Right?
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    11 år siden
    LB, thank you, I was afraid we were all going to restoration hardware for eternity. And for context James Ruskin, that crazy English arts and crafts William Morris inspirer said, "Have nothing in your home you don't believe to be beautiful or know to be useful". It's late here, so I may have twisted that back to front, but you got the drift! Slaah, you have one of the most prolific and interesting design threads I've seen. You inspired these women and they are creating a community because of you! Congratulations!
  • PRO
    User
    11 år siden
    test
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Iron Builders. I like your quote, said correctly or not. Thanks for the kindness.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    slaah, check out the comment from Iron Builders about You.
  • User
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Slaah, Thank you so much for contributing. Have been following the thread and checked out your site - your work is beautiful. One of the most wonderful things that I've seen with this site is the ability to connect to others in the rest of the world and thank you for your contribution from Sudan. Everything that I've heard of your country is of the great design and history of design from clothing to furnishings and art and so wonderful to have that contribution and what you're doing personally. My work as a writer has involved covering what has been occurring in Sudan - Thank you from me for everything you've been doing - Elaine Marie Zita
  • User
    11 år siden
    Ironwood Builders, I agree with you.
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    It cemes to me that lm not speeck quite perfct English sorry for that
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Emezc,you are right you under stand me about difrent direction iwant new look to be ub to date that make people stonished
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Ironwood Builders,thank you very mutch your werds touch me deebly in side wellcom as agood desiner that feleeing good towrds new design
  • designideas4me
    11 år siden
    LB .... I do think gray is the answer to all of lifes problems. Its totally in the middle and non commital. hey that rhymed.
  • PRO
    Alexei Rebrov Art
    11 år siden
    Speaking of red sofa, I have couple designs you maybe interested in http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/wall-design/products/night-street-abstract-wall-design-2?hzz
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Susanna artist/ you are realy verry very good designer i loved your idea
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Susanna/i hope that to be big desiner ,you now that every time beutifull lock come from deeply in side the persson without that feeling every thing will be ugley
  • Billie G
    11 år siden
    @Slaah, I noticed that sometimes your English is quite good. At other times not so much. Odd?
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Susanna/ their is no difrance in bettwen art and intrnal design both of them comes from your inside feeling this beutifll feeling gives so maney things beutifllness
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Billie G/i am verry sorry iam not English speaker some times icant explane
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Thank you all so much for the "likes" on my speech. I guess I have a few friends. Thanks!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Re: gray again... being non-committal. I put it in the same category when everyone was using only - white or beige for walls. Trends that seemed to say it was the only way to go! I like to be different and I think that is what good design should be! Out of the box!!
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    LB interiors/you havent got few frend ,yuo have got mre freds ihope that you going to keeb toch with them thank you for your kind feeling
  • lslg4
    11 år siden
    I love the sofas!!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Thanks slaah. how nice of you to post this. Means a lot! Have a great day today!
  • PRO
    Paula Bushell REALTOR®
    11 år siden
    Ger0824, Is this a Rutenberg Home? The layout is very similar to mine. One little change I found very helpful is pulling the sofa away from the wall, makes for an easier flow to the end room. I'm redecorating at the moment and will definitely steel some of the suggestions here.
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Islag4/me tow
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Bushyp75/one lettle change is not good ,make it more to see the deffrent you hade made
  • nononanna
    11 år siden
    Has anyone suggestied taupe insead of gray? I like Tracy's color scheme way up the discussion - warm, calming but lots of personality.
  • jordankeen10
    11 år siden
    You should use a gray shag carpet
  • Donna Colvin-Smith
    11 år siden
    I agree with some of the posters, the wall color is WAY to light, it makes those couches stand out like a sore thumb! If you are keeping them, paint the walls a rich grey, a big rug in black, maroon and grey would look awesome, and a glass coffee table would complete the look.
  • PRO
    LA Herget Interiors
    11 år siden
    Grey would be great on walls. I would add a larger sisal under current rug to warm up the space and house the tv in a large cabinet for some weight in the room.
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Bushyp75/one lettle change is not good ,make it more to see the deffrent you hade made
  • Summer Scott
    11 år siden
    def paint the room. warm it up. get rid of the fake plant and get real ones that are half as tall. perhaps two to add symmetry and balance.
    the pillows need a serious update and that will change SO much. that's the first step.
    the art on the wall is cold and floating a bit high.
    can you do a photo collage of matted family photos so it feels more family?
    http://www.thedesignfile.net/thedesignfile/2010/10/great-photo-collages-from-room-board.html
    here's a wonderful website that can inspire how to arrange the photos and how far to space them from each other and the couch.

can you move your couches over the other side of the room to create a clear path and flow from the hallway? it looks like you walk right into a couch when you enter the room.
    i'm not crazy about the vase, jug, and plate up top. they seem meaningless... but you should cluster them if you're going to have them up there.
    good luck!!!
  • Mike Slater
    11 år siden
    Ger0824 has had a lot of good advice. It would be great to hear which pieces she's inclined to select, but perhaps she is overwhelmed and stopped reading all the many responses.

I hope, at a minimum, she a loses the fake plant, picks a new rug with a geometric print, mounts the TV and puts a console, credenza or other piece with an industrial edge under it, and replaces the coffee table. I think a modern accent chair, small table and reading lamp in the back left corner would be a nice touch, too.
  • ger0824
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    Yes, all the responses can be overwhelming but I have made a list of all the ideas. This is my plan: paint the back wall a darker shade of gray; replace rug in modern black/slate color; replace the cushions in different color and textures; add two new lamps to the end table and purchase a square large coffee table with a glass top. I will be keeping the plant (silk in best in Florida) but have decided to purchase a longer credenza for the TV - it will not be put on the wall at this point. We will be downsizing in a few years so i want to modernize the room and stage it eventually for selling. I also intend to replace the picture with a larger mural. So, I hope everyone more or less agrees with my plan so far - I do appreciate all the help and the advice and particularly for everyone to take the time to write and express their thoughts.
  • Mike Slater
    11 år siden
    Sounds like a great plan. When you're finished and if you think of it, please post some after pictures.

Good luck!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Good Luck, from me too!
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    Tv back wall should be paint in dark nevy paint,dont do any things ells and dont change any fernture to any place it looks better
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    11 år siden
    Thanks to ger0824 for the likes. And thanks to Tracy Taylor for a like somewhere on this long post.
  • Leanne Lovie
    11 år siden
    You sound like you have everything figured out, but I noticed that you spoke really fondly about the rug in the initial post so I wanted to add my idea to make the rug and couches work together.

Replace the pillows with something more orange. A red-orange with yellow accents would be ideal.
    Paint the walls a goldenrod or straw yellow. A nice medium tone that's bright without being too loud.
    Add some more dramatic artwork that features red tones and add about three more items to your ledge display.
  • PRO
    slaah
    11 år siden
    I am with your nice choice
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.