kevinwatson997

1900 New England home. in need of ideas!!

kevinwatson997
8 år siden
I need ideas for the outside and curb appeal!! HELP!

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Custom Built Windows and Doors
    8 år siden

Definitely biased, but I think big windows always open up and brighten a house - especially an older house where you might consider adding a storm door or storm windows! We'd be happy to help you out tooCustom Built RI

kevinwatson997 thanked Custom Built Windows and Doors
  • oohgrrl
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I love your house! The siding looks a lot like mine did before a tornado hit it. Are you looking for affordable small ideas? I'd add flower boxes under the 1st story windows for sure, upper level would be fantastic as well. Possibly hanging baskets on either side of the door if it won't interfere. Paint your mailbox a cheerful color. New address numbers. And that awesome wood detail on either side of your door would look great painted a contrasting color too. Remove the little garden bed and put a metal table and 2 chairs in a bright color- Like making yourself a porch area. Keep us updated!

• titusrex
    7 år siden

Try looking at some salvage yards for a big proper scaled window for the right side of the door. A previous owner probably took out two windows and replaced them with that small scale window, With some luck you might even find a great double window. It should be the same height as the one to the right which looks like it was where a side porch used to be. A three color scheme with body, trim and an accent color on the door would be great. There are plenty of brochures in paint stores that can help you on that choice. Paint the foundation the same color as the body for unity. You might also find some railing for the front porch at a salvage yard. Good luck! Nice house with good lines.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.