kaitlyn_gowland

Will it all match!?! -countertop cabinets and floor

kait g
8 år siden

So we're in the process of redoing our kitchen let me know what you think of my ideas

Charcoal colour painted cabinets with a shaker frame

Black walnut timber Formica countertop

White subway tile backsplash

Floor will stay the same- its actually more grey toned -bad lighting in the picture

Warm grey wall colour

(21) kommentarer

• PRO
    Serendipity
    8 år siden

I don't think I'd go as dark as charcoal on the cabinets...I think that's going to be pretty dark kitchen with black countertop and charcoal cabinets. Maybe a lighter grey with white subway and paint the walls a pretty blue/grey color. The other thing you could do is only paint some of the cabinets charcoal...maybe uppers flanking the oven charcoal and lowers lighter, or I can't see if you have an island, but that could be charcoal and the cabinets lighter grey.

kait g thanked Serendipity
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Do you have any specific greys in mind? I don't want to go too light because I have two German shepherds and live in the country (white would never be an option) but I do like the idea of a lighter grey

• kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

And I don't have an island in the kitchen here's what it all looks like minus the mess at the moment

• beseaside
    8 år siden

Can you get a picture of the floor with a truer color. In most of the photos, I am seeing a slightly yellow undertone. That will effect your choices and since the floor is staying it must be your guide.

kait g thanked beseaside
  • PRO
    Serendipity
    8 år siden

I'd do something like Sherwin Williams Tinsmith (7657) on the cabs and I love Breezy (SW 7616) for walls. Your countertop is beautiful. After seeing your entire kitchen, I think I'd keep all the cabs the same color.

kait g thanked Serendipity
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Heres a better picture of the floor

• User
    8 år siden

Love those old cabinets. They are far more appropiate to a ranch or mid century home than shaker. Someone somewhere will snap them up.

kait g thanked User
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

I'm in love with shaker style cabinets so I really want to transform these ones, I'm not sure if its the white gold speckle countertop that's driving me crazy or maybe our cabinets wouldn't be so bad with a new backsplash and countertop

• beseaside
    8 år siden

Thank you - gray with a pink undertone. I would be very tempted to go with white shaker cabinets, then your countertop and floor will be the stars. Or a pale gray. Both will help bring light in.

kait g thanked beseaside
  • beseaside
    8 år siden

If your cabinets are in good shape, keep them and have them spray painted in a gloss lacquer. Go mid century modern in keeping with their style. Do the countertops in a white quartz.

kait g thanked beseaside
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

The cabinets are all in great condition, but its the wood colour that I'm not a fan of, would they be able to be stained darker? I'm still leaning towards a shaker frame added in a pale grey (I agree charcoal would be too dark now)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    8 år siden

The walnut counter is beautiful. I worry about a colour clash between "pale grey" cabs and "walnut" counter top. So long as you get the right tones in the paint, it should work. The counter is a very warm colour (lots of orange/browns). The floors appear to be quite cool so your cabs will need to get the two tones (warm and cool) to marry.

• kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

What do you think of cape may cobblestone by Benjamin Moore? I love that colour

• kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

cape may cobblestone is the colour of the lower cabinets

• lynartist
    8 år siden
    Hi kait g , very cool countertop! I also love shaker style, if you go with a warm grey( taupe or greige) not to dark it should look fine with the floor and still have enough warmth to go with the counter. I would go with the new cabinets myself because the whole corner were your fridge is needs to be built out to make it look like the fridge is recessed in. Good luck.
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

If we could afford new cupboards and everything we would be doing new everything, we want to do something inexpensive to spruce it up until we do our dream kitchen one day but Ive fully decided on the lighter grey cabinets now with the countertop I posted, thanks for all your help! It's made these desicions alot easier

• lynartist
    8 år siden
    Oh , I'm sorry . I misunderstood when I read your post about painted cabinets with shaker frames. Are you just changing the doors? That would look very nice too then.
    kait g thanked lynartist
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

We are going to diy shaker frames, I'm lucky enough to have a handy boyfriend.

• User
    8 år siden

Don't ruin those valuable teak doors. Pass them along to someone else. Sell them. Someone will want them. And you might make enough to buy new doors.

kait g thanked User
  • kait g
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

thank you for the compliment but they aren't teak, I wish! I'm not sure how much I would be able to sell them for

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.