gray1940

New home

gray1940
8 år siden
I have 4 in. White oak floors and need advice on stain. Thinking about dark walnut. Is this color still in style or should I use something different. Home is a open floor plan with a creamy vanilla cabinets and island.
Chicago House One · Mere information

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Frederick Phillips & Associates, Inc.
    8 år siden

I stay away from questions on style, because we live in such a pluralistic time. My professional preference with all woods is a clear finish which honestly expresses the true character and color of the wood. White oak is especially beautiful with a clear finish. Hope this helps. Cordially, Rick

gray1940 thanked Frederick Phillips & Associates, Inc.
  • gray1940
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Would you do clear finish. With high ceilings, dark beams and a stone fireplace??

• PRO
    Frederick Phillips & Associates, Inc.
    8 år siden

Yes. The true character and color of the white oak would be a nice contrast to the dark beams.

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    8 år siden

I agree. Many of our clients are choosing natural finish colors as well. Especially over White Oak and Black Walnut.

gray1940 thanked Oak & Broad
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.