jyi2004

Wolf range or Thermador range plus a free dishwasher?

jyi2004
8 år siden
I'm debating over an all gas 36inch Thermador range or a Wolf range. Both are about the same price, somewhere around $6k (Wolf $30 more). Thermador throws in a free dishwasher valued at $1,300. I'm leaning towards a Wolf range for its better control over heat; however, the free dishwasher just seems like it's such a great deal.
Wolf al gas 36 inch range
Thermador all gas 36 inch range

(17) kommentarer

• summery
    8 år siden
    Neither. Save your pennies for a good dishwasher, and treat yourself to a Bluestar range. Better burners - more robust, easier to clean properly, and parts are cheap and easy to come by. Imho!
  • Rosemary Lawton
    8 år siden

Thanks for touching on a key point I was wondering about with Blue star: ease and cost of repairs. What have you experienced and over what time frame?

• acm
    8 år siden

Wait, there are people who don't want a Bosch dishwasher?

• PRO
    Harmony Design Group
    8 år siden
    Which range did you end up selecting ?
    Also please tell me how people like the open burner of the blue star range vs the closed burners like the Thermidor?
  • PRO
    RE3Designs
    8 år siden

Consider the Mielé ranges and cooktops

Their new ranges are pretty amazing!

48" and 60" have 4 burners, grill or gridle, convection oven, speed oven and warming drawer.

Can be hooked up to a water line for steam.

All parts are dishwasher safe and even the oven racks are self cleaning too.

• jyi2004
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Still haven't made up my mind yet but I'm now looking at a blue star.
  • yalemichmom
    7 år siden

jyi2004--it's almost a year and a half later, what did you end up choosing and are you satisfied with the choice? My husband has been set on a BlueStar (have to do 30 inch, unfortunately, because of space) for years, and we are finally doing the kitchen remodel. I recently saw the Thermador 30 inch pro range with five burners. Their sealed burners look like they are much easier to clean because they are raised up above the surface of the black porcelain top. The stove looks a little sturdier and better-finished than the BlueStar. I realize the appliances are very different with one being sealed burners and the other open. My husband makes me great meals on our old GE Profile 30 inch with "gas through glass" sealed burners (not too hard to clean with the Ceran top, but the gray grates look awful), so I wonder what the benefit is of switching to an open burner if the Thermador's sealed burners have at least one 18,000 BTU burner. Perhaps I'd be less concerned about the venting needs, too? All I care about is how easy it is to clean, as that falls on my shoulders after he is done making me a delicious feast!

• Danielle P
    7 år siden

I would love to know the answer to this also! I am struggling over whether to choose between 30" Wolf/Thermador/Blue Star and my reno begins in 5 days!!

• lgmaurer3
    5 år siden

I am curious too! I need to replace our 36" Dacor range and was considering BlueStar, Wolf and Thermador.

• dfnj
    4 år siden

I'm considering either Thermador or Bluestar 30" range. Has anyone purchased either recently? Also, what hood do you have with your range?

• pooja_suri
    3 år siden

@Danielle P / @yalemichmom / @dfnj: Which range did you folks end up going with? I am leaning towards the 30" all-gas Thermador, but would love to hear first-hand experiences.

• Danielle P
    3 år siden

Gosh, it's been about 3 years now, I went with the Wolf. I have no issues with it. It gets very hot - in fact, when I bake I usually set the oven 25 degrees cooler than the cooking instructions. The simmer burner is great; nice and low. I haven't had any mechanical issues with it at all.

• dfnj
    3 år siden

I purchased the 30" gas Thermador in summer 2019. It was a floor model so I got a great deal. They needed to move it to make room for the new models that were coming out at that time. I did have to have some electronic part replaced. The XLO burners would all of a sudden just start making clicking noises even when the range is completely turned off. Fortunately I purchased an extended warranty which covered it. The Thermador tech said that was a common problem. The oven does take a while to preheat. So far, so good.

• Jenny Yi
    3 år siden

Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you everyone for providing your comment. Its almost been 5 years, I want everyone to know that I ended up with a 36” blue star. The blue star I found at a local appliance store was $2k cheaper than the Thermador and Wolfe. The blue star is very powerful. I selected it not just because it was much cheaper but also because it gave me the option to use a wok. Being Chinese, that’s a very attractive option... although the irony is I still haven’t bought a wok. Lol! The only shortcoming of this stove is that it’s a little bit too powerful. It took me a while to get used to the heat. I had several burned food experience. I also had problem with finding the right hood. I ordered a very popular Asian brand hood but it wasn’t powerful enough for the stove. I ended up having to scramble to get something else. Overall, I like my purchase. You can take the parts out and wash them so it keeps the stove fairly clean. It’s powerful so it heats up things very quickly. Highly recommended!

• ems0216
    2 år siden

I purchased a bluestar 30 in all gas range for my kitchen reno 4 years ago, loved the look of it and I customized the color to the kitchen, got the cool knobs...but I am frustrated with the performance. The stovetop doesnt light when the oven is on. the ignitors have been replaced in the oven a couple times and the oven does a loud bang when heating up, replaced the burner. Its a PITA to clean. but it looks really cool (i know what a snob!)

• Debbie Silva
    sidste år

Jenny yi. What model blue star did you purchase ?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.