houseofdaman

Wood effect tiles, Love or Hate?

Daman of Witham
8 år siden
sidst ændret:8 år siden

Lately we've seen a surge in sales of wood effect tiles throughout the home. Bathrooms, Kitchens and tons in hallways/open plan areas. Question is, who likes them? who doesn't and have you got any examples in your homes/ customers projects? Vote & Comment!

Love them! Clever Idea
Dont see the appeal..

(37) kommentarer

• PRO
    IKG Architects
    7 år siden

Really like them.

• PRO
    Ceco
    7 år siden

So much better than they used to be!

• anita imam
    7 år siden
    I had them in my last house for 15yrs before I moved. They looked as young when I left as the day I met them. Never any trouble.
  • Lynne Wright
    7 år siden
    I have them in my kitchen, I love them, I now want them in the hall too
  • PRO
    Tile & Floor
    7 år siden

Offer a practical solution to high traffic areas where wood id desired.

• PRO
    Lime Showrooms Ltd.
    7 år siden

We are huge fans. The practicality they bring without compromise on the overall ascetics of the room are brilliant. The choices are vast too to complement your colours.

• Emily Wilkes
    7 år siden

Love them, I also love the 3D version as well

• Alan
    7 år siden
    Used them recently for the first time in our refurbished kitchen, utility, bathroom and en-suite. Very pleased with the result and they were very easy to lay - much easier than floor tiles. They're also warmer and softer to stand on than tiles - I confess I don't really understand the logic of that last comment but that's the truth of it and it makes quite a difference in rooms like the kitchen where standing in one place while cooking or washing up is inevitable. I'd definitely recommend them.
  • Alan
    7 år siden
    Just clarify here, I'm talking about luxury vinyl tiles (LVT).
  • Katie Paul
    7 år siden

We have them in the kitchen, quite large plank effect from a company called Mandarin Stone. Took months to find the perfect ones. Very pleased with them.

• kahaworth
    7 år siden
    Used them on the floor and walls of a small shower room off the utility - the effect is very 'Finnish sauna' quite quirky in this tiny bathroom - love the look and feel.
  • everydayisapicnic55
    7 år siden

We opted for porcelain wood effect in our kitchen diner as they are perfect with underfloor heating. I opted for grey as I didn't want to pretend they were wood. However visitors always think they are wood. I love them as they are so easy to clean and they always look so fresh.

• lynnicoggin
    7 år siden
    Love them , so much easier than wood. We chose Karndean four our kitchen, they have such a variety of looks you can chose from. The tiles are really hard wearing and they don't scratch, mark or scuff like wood.
  • PRO
    Floors of Stone
    7 år siden

We love them! We have a range of Italian Wood Effect Porcelain tiles which are just becoming more and more popular. We love them so much, we've even used them in our own homes!

• angelboyman
    7 år siden
    I have looked at them but to be honest I prefer real wood. I hate seeing a repeated pattern in these types of tiles which you just don't get in real wood. Yes, I'm real wood or no wood!
  • connie minton
    7 år siden
    Silverbirch house · Mere information

We used them to great effect with natural stones and real wood walls
  • PRO
    Bella Whiteley Interiors
    7 år siden

Love them ! Some of the darker grey,driftwood style ones are fantastic...I think they work best in large format,mimiking large floorboards....some of these square ones are too 'busy',chess-boardy for me. I would love to source a charred wood or virtually black faux-wood tile.......anyone know ?

• Sonia
    7 år siden

My step daughter has had the porcelain planks laid in her conservatory and they look fantastic. Very realistic. The beauty of them is they don't wear like wood does, and just need a quick Hoover and mop every now and then. What's not to like?

• Susan
    7 år siden
    Connie that looks amazing!
  • User
    7 år siden
    I was surprised the floor was wood effect tiles and liked them very much. Up the wall, forget it, awful.
  • PRO
    Creative Stone & Tile
    7 år siden

love them! Although texture, grain and long length of board is most important when considering wood effect tile throughout for flooring. The latest productions we have in our showroom are amazing and look just like wood when laid; even better no scratching or bleaching due to natural light......

• PRO
    NAFISI
    7 år siden

Amazing idea, how ever i still prefer the real wood

• PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    7 år siden

We are planning to do a feature wall for a customer soon and are looking at these: mywoodwall in Java
    We're covering the entire wall then mounting their TV with some integrated 'spherical' Cabasse speakers - cant wait to see it finished.

• Doe Stewart
    7 år siden
    I love them, I have them in the bathroom and separate loo, ours are very pale grey, like bleached driftwood and look lovely. Very easy to look after
  • lisa77226
    7 år siden
    I love them. I've got them in my kitchen. They're really easy to clean.... thankfully!
  • PRO
    Clays Tiles and Bathrooms
    7 år siden

Really great alternative to real wood. Many styles to be achieved

• PRO
    Sustainable Selfbuild
    7 år siden

love them, very realistic and hard wearing.

• PRO
    Parker Bathrooms & Kitchens
    7 år siden

We Love them, best ones we sell are from CasaDolceCasa

Casa Wooden tiles

• PRO
    Moving Stone International
    7 år siden

if of good quality they look great and low maintenance

• PRO
    Zeus Limestone t/as Rovic Tiles
    7 år siden

They look amazing and are very easy for on-going maintenance. Work brilliantly with under floor heating

• PRO
    MCAPS GLOBAL LTD
    7 år siden

Good alternative to mosaic !

• PRO
    Endura Flat Roofing Ltd
    7 år siden

They have improved massively in recent years and give a high end rather than naff finish now.

• PRO
    Pasquill Ltd
    7 år siden

Looks great

• Kerem kilicay
    6 år siden

Well we did our whole downstairs with this amazing looking wood effect tile, and everyone is super impressed with it! This is the photo from their site

• minipie
    5 år siden

We're choosing them for our open plan kitchen/dining/living room. We need the durability of tile for the living and dining area, but stone look tiles feel wrong for a sitting area (in chilly UK). So we're hoping wood look tiles, with UFH, will give the best of both. Just a shame there is no way to avoid grout!

• suze1992
    5 år siden

We have done 3 of our bathrooms with them in different styles and are very pleased with the effect! Very durable and easy to keep clean.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.