emmelinewe

How about a plunge pool?

Emmeline Westin
8 år siden

A swimming pool is a dream feature for many, but have you ever considered the swimming pool's younger cousin, the plunge pool? I think this might be better suited to us Brits. It's smaller for once and so requires less space. What do you think - is it a dream feature or not?

Highgate Garden Room · Mere information

(12) kommentarer

• crowningfashion
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I'd love a pool of any size but due to the weather we have here it would have to be an indoor pool. If it was small it would need to have be a jet stream pool in order to swim in it otherwise it would simply be a jacuzzi without the bubbles! I've seen some very nice pools here on Houzz which I have saved to my lookbook ;)

• User
    8 år siden
    A 'fabulous' waste of space and money but looks a million times better than a hot tub! We just don't have the weather and you can't even swim in them so other than having a statement outside bath, what's the point?
  • Emmeline Westin
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

For those heatwave days? :)

• User
    8 år siden
    You're right Emmeline. I do think they're fabulous, but budget wise an indulgence for the wealthy minority perhaps?
  • PRO
    Aralia: Innovation in Landscape Design
    8 år siden

Love the idea!

• PRO
    The Bazeley Partnership
    8 år siden

Perhaps with the often gloomy weather we have to face in the UK, indoor pools are the way to go?

The Sea House, Porth, Cornwall UK · Mere information

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden

Hello Emmeline,

Yes I do think they are a lovely idea.. One of those exercise pools like in the film Gattaca.. Called endless pools... Or a smallish living pool... or both because I'm greedy guts! .(and don't have either!).. : ) )

• PRO
    Louise Richardson-Vine
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

If I had the budget but not much space, I'd definitely go for a plunge pool - maybe in a sunny little courtyard or patio area, so I could jump in when it's hot (I'm envisaging my home will be somewhere in the Mediterranean, of course!)

• Emmeline Westin
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

@fizzfan54 - Yes, not everyone can afford them or would even have space for them. My own balcony would be a tad squeezed if I added one (not to mention that it might annoy the neighbour below), but as a dream feature, it's fun to toy with the idea!

• User
    8 år siden
    My imaginations running away with me now Emmeline. I'm basking in mine right now being served a glass of fizz from that champagne bucket my Butler Mr Clooney keeps especially for me. (I am smiling by the way) Big thumbs up to dreaming!
  • Emmeline Westin
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Cheers to that!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.