ameliareffold

Our new house

Amelia Reffold
8 år siden
We moved into this house nearly a year ago and purchased a new (more solid) front door. The previous owner painted the apex above the door a cream colour but we don't really like it and it doesn't work with the new door. We are thinking of painting the apex grey to match the slate on the roof and then painting the front door a glossy black. We would really appreciate any thoughts, advice to give the house more kerb appeal. Thanks very much.

(10) kommentarer

• alant1000
    8 år siden
    I think a matching skate grey or even a lighter grey would work, even white would look good.
  • Ash McGregor
    8 år siden

Are they wood or UPVC windows? Are you in a rural setting?

• Amelia Reffold
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    It's a very rural setting. The windows are UPVC and whilst we will change them at some point it won't be for a while!
  • Ash McGregor
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Agree Michelle - sage green would work. Black too. Have a look at the local vernacular which may give you colour pointers. Also have a think about painting the windows and frames the same colour

• minnie101
    8 år siden

I'm not too keen on the slate grey. I may be wrong but I think you'll lose a little of the architectural interest and it will make the house feel shorter. Either use Dulux visualiser to try it out or do it by hand. I'd either go a lighter shade of grey or a green to go with the brickwork ( I like french gray by farrow and ball which is really a green). I think you need some plants outside. If you want something modern go for buxus, you can also add the spiral ones for height and I'd plant them in charcoal planters. If you can't find any I painted my pots in annie Sloan chalk paint which so far have lasted well! I do also like the door in wood as it adds another texture.

• Amelia Reffold
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks Minnie. That is definitely my worry with the slate grey. I completely agree and we are going to be putting some plants in once we have solved this dilemma!
  • Ash McGregor
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

I think you have to be careful with greys. Otherwise you'll risk visually losing the gable against the roof.

• PRO
    Fireplaces 4 Life Ltd
    8 år siden

Sage green or grey would look nice I think I would keep the door and apex the same colour, full grey doors and windows are really in at the moment.

• mrshste
    7 år siden

I'd go light to balance out the light windows against the dark brick and door.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.