hazelwags

Matte or shiny tiles for backsplash?

hazelwags
8 år siden

Almost ready to start thinking about a backsplash and need some design advice. Our cabinets are cherry shakers. Granite is Ice White Blue leathered. With the leathered granite, should we consider matte tiles or would gloss be okay? Thinking we want a backsplash that is not a show stealer. We are leaning towards a simple subway (standard sized or elongated). I'm noticing that there are more options for gloss but I was originally thinking we should do matte since the counters are not shiny. Am I over thinking it? I know there is no wrong decision but would love to hear what others have observed. Thanks.

(7) kommentarer

• romy718
    8 år siden

I like it when countertops are honed or leathered & the backsplash is glossy.

• cat_mom
    8 år siden

Ours is a glossy and matte/frosted glass mosaic, so I guess we have the best of both worlds!

• designsaavy
    8 år siden

I am in the same situation with a suede finish counter. I'm leaning toward glossy to give some contrast.

• autumn.4
    8 år siden

pattisue-oh I love leathered with some color and movement. That looks AWESOME.

Old house we had polished stone and did a matte slate backsplash. Liked it

This house I have leathered stone and I am doing a polished/gloss splash. I think the contrast will be nice. If you haven't had leathered before oh I do love it.

Have you seen tiles or pictures that you like? Try to find some pics and see if that helps you make up your mind.

• PRO
    Ontra Stone Concepts
    8 år siden

Size of the kitchen, amount of light can come into play here, also. Polished materials reflect and effectively multiply the light in the room. General rule of thumb.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

CT is honed, BS is glossy subway, like the contrast

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.