pam_fisher4859458

What color bath towels?

Pam Fisher
8 år siden

This is our second guest bathroom/powder room,. It's off our kitchen/great room. and gets a fair amount of use for day to day handwashing, etc. I think there's enough orange "pop" with the flower tin and mats. But I'm at a loss as to what color for towels.

The paint color is Olympus "lilac time" - it is a periwinkle blue. I like the idea of a cream color for towels, but that's impractical for hand towels. Espresso brown? A deeper shade of the blue? I've got burgundy towels that sort of work, but not really (besides burgundy with the orange looks like VaTech dorm colors).

color and mural · Mere information

(15) kommentarer

• acm
    8 år siden

gray is what comes to mind for me -- taking a tone from the art, but more subtle.

(p.s.) it's not a powder room if it has a bathtub! :)

• Maureen
    8 år siden

Periwinkle and orange would work well with black.

• sandradclark
    8 år siden

White is always right. Just use some bleach when they get dull. Yes, how nice it is a full bath. Could do another photo of the rest of the bath.

• Pam Fisher
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

(We call it the powder room, because we simply have no need to use the tub, but it looks nice, so why remove it?)

The mirror frame and towel ring are burnished copper. The chrome tub faucet is on the list to be replaced (as is the sink faucet) - but finding a "modern" faucet to fit an original claw foot tub, in something that is not bronze or chrome, is like finding a needle in a haystack.

The vanity is a re-purposed oak dresser that we really like. Both the tub and vanity were installed by the previous homeowner.

• Holly Taylor
    8 år siden
    I agree with Pam, remove the orange and go for a softer color like lavender
  • pam
    8 år siden

mixed metals work....I'd just get new chrome for the sink.

• Geneviève
    8 år siden

Luxury City Apartment · Mere information

• drememon
    8 år siden

I actually love the orange with the mural and wall color. A new lav faucet in chrome, in a more antique style, would be nice. If the tub faucet works, I'd leave it alone. I like the burnished copper with the chrome. I'd say pull another color from the fabulous mural (deep charcoal, or chocolate brown) for the hand and bath towels. Add some orange washcloths or finger tip towels if you can find them. In their small sizes, even if they're not a complete match, they won't clash with the bath mat over the tub. Love the tub and the repurposed vanity, too.

• PRO
    Dadya Trade and Consulting L.L.C.
    8 år siden

Happy Happy Holidays :) Use our coupon codes and recieve most glorious 100% Turkish Cotton products

Lunasidus Home Textiles

http://shoutout.wix.com/so/cL6ILHT7

• didi_kovacs
    8 år siden

I would choose a darker color like grey or brown. I would maybe add a dark wood clock above the bath to tie it all together. Hope this helps!

• PRO
    FabricDome-Turkish Towel-Peshtemal
    8 år siden

You can take a look at my towels.

Turkish Peshtemal Towels

Turkish Peshtemal Towels · Mere information

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Hi Pam Fisher! We just recently launched a new collection of luxury Turkish bath towels which have the perfect combination of absorbency, hand feel and weight and the grey color would look lovely in this space: https://www.craneandcanopy.com/collections/bath-towels Hope that helps!

• PRO
    Artistic Upholstery
    7 år siden

I think a silver grey or a taupe color would be very pretty.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.