stevebrown1939

Vertical radiators - grey or white?

stevebrown1939
8 år siden
What are your thoughts on the above?

We are in the design stages of a living room makeover and are planning to replace the old radiators with vertical ones.
We are going for a modern contemporary look with medium dark wood flooring and a light mink colour on the walls.
I have always liked the contemporary dark grey radiators but I'm not sure if we might regret not going with white when it comes to changing the colour scheme next time around.

Any comments appreciated and if anyone has any photos, which may help us decide, that would be great.

Thanks,
Steve.

(11) kommentarer

• stevebrown1939
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks for your comment SOS. Gives us food for thought.
  • Resh
    8 år siden
    My skirting and architraves are an F&B colour called "clunch". The floors are stripped Victorian planks, and hallway walls are a combination of stripped brick and F&B "pointing". One column rad is mounted on the brick, one on a painted wall. I had the same question as you, and went for a bare metal lacquered finish, and polished the copper pipework from the floor. It looks great and is a bit different! The radiators are from Revive Radiators, by the way, and they come in white and grey too. I recommend them - high quality construction and finish, and they perform well too.
  • Resh
    8 år siden
    Also, don't forget that some designs of column rad allow you to see through them. Meaning that either you pick a specific patch of colour for behind the rad that will stay no matter how you change the rest of the room, or you need to drain the system and take the rad down to repaint the wall behind when you redecorate...
  • stevebrown1939
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks Suresh. Any chance of a photo of yours? Sounds interesting.
  • PRO
    creativeorg
    8 år siden
    Hi Steve
    Depends if you want to make a feature of them. White would be the obvious colour but you could paint them the same as the walls so they blend in completely. If they're easily paintable then why not go with the dark grey, they can always be repainted when you best change your room.
    If I were you I'd go for it, they're beautiful so you may as well make a feature of them!!
  • PRO
    Cameron Interiors Edinburgh & Glasgow
    8 år siden

Never paint a radiator - it impacts on the heat they send out - advice from the friendly gas engineer! I have white vertical ones on a purple wall and they look great and also a copper effect on a grey backdrop - they look great as features.

• PRO
    Phoenix Whirlpools Ltd
    7 år siden

Aluminium Radiators provide a great range of styles and provide super heat output...Aluminium Radiators

• Lauren
    7 år siden

I bought a column rad from best heating for our kitchen a while ago. I would describe it as a pale dove grey rather than brilliant white (which is what the wall behind is painted). This may blend in a little better with your light mink walls.

You can see the colour contrast against the protective polystyrene in this pic -

http://www.bestheating.com/milano-windsor-traditional-8-x-2-column-radiator-cast-iron-style-white-1800mm-x-383mm.html

• Resh
    7 år siden
    Steve sadly not a great pic, but rad is in the far corner...
  • PRO
    Feature Radiators
    6 år siden

Hi Steve, here is an example of a lacquered bare metal column radiator, our best-selling Core. I think this finish is an excellent suggestion as will be much easier to change the colour scheme around in future.

http://www.featureradiators.co.uk/Prices/Contemporary/2017%2002%2001%20-%20Core.pdf

Radiators in narrow spaces · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.