houzzukpolls

POLL: Technology in the bedroom: yes or no?

HouzzUK Polls
8 år siden

TV, smartphones, fitness trackers, smart watches, laptops, tablets… Technology is everywhere – even in our bedrooms.

When it comes to your bedroom – do you allow gadgets or do you prefer to keep your bedroom tech-free? Vote below and leave a comment sharing your experience!

Gorki Apartments Berlin · Mere information

Yes, definitely!
No way!

(23) kommentarer

• embzop
    8 år siden

Yes to technology that enhances the sleeping / waking experience. I have a dawn waking light that gradually wakes me up. I use my phone instead of an alarm clock so I can choose different types of alarms or music to wake me up. It's also great if two people share a room. Stick the phone under your pillow and it's less likely to wake you partner up. I won't have anything like tvs in the bedroom.

• Karin Madgwick
    8 år siden
    Very bad Fengtai shui. The bedroom is supposed to be a sanctuary to escape from the crazy world.
  • User
    8 år siden

I'm indifferent, we have a tv but rarely use it. I do believe children's bedrooms should be kept tech free though as they'd never go to sleep!

• lolllie
    8 år siden

Wi-Fi in the bedroom is a bad idea. If you struggle to get a good nights sleep turn the Wi-Fi off and all electrical gadgets. Science is starting to understand how these items can interfere with some people are sensitive emf. I have never had a good nights sleep when I have forgotten to turn the Wi-fi off and the phone is next to my head, beside the bed. It is usually in the morning after tossing and turning all night, that I go to turn my Wi-fi on, on the phone and realise has been on all night. It's happened too many time for it to be a coincidence. The bedroom should be peaceful and tranquil to promote winding down before going to sleep. Lots of people struggle to do this. I still struggle.

• PRO
    Levitas Design
    8 år siden

....technology is the future of a good nights sleep....

• PRO
    Perroni Interior Design
    8 år siden

Yes, technology is undeniably a huge part of our daily lives and should be extended to bedroom too...

• PRO
    European Bathrooms
    8 år siden

Technology has it's place in every room. Kitchen, bathrooms....

• PRO
    Secret Linen Store
    8 år siden

Ditching technology in the bedroom is bound to lead to a better night's sleep. TV's and phones just act as a distraction to actually getting a good night's sleep. We found lots of people find reading a book helps with the 'falling asleep' process.

• PRO
    User
    8 år siden

Bedroom should be tech free and ideally blocking all radio waves too. Good night's sleep doesn't need interference. Some things should stay the good old way!

• PRO
    studio m architects
    8 år siden

Your bedroom should be a sanctuary, an escape space from the technology overload of the day

• PRO
    Studio180°
    8 år siden

Our bodies/ energy systems are bombarded daily with all these WiFi waves which can't be really healthy. So at least in the bedroom it should be calm and tech free to calm and recharge ones "battery". In case someone can't be without their gadgets, it would be good to maybe place a few black tourmaline stones around the room to help to absorb the electromagnetic energy.

• PRO
    HD Design
    7 år siden

The bedroom is a tranquil place and technology can distract when you're trying to get some peace.

• PRO
    PALMER + CLARKE
    7 år siden

It's distracting.

• User
    7 år siden

I've voted yes because I love watching netflix in bed. :)

• PRO
    Barry Perrin Lighting And Interiors
    7 år siden

It is a good way to relax after a hard day at work.

• PRO
    Mari's House And Garden
    7 år siden

it's good to have at least tv in bedroom to watch favourite movies comfortable.

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    7 år siden

Tech free for me other than charging my mobile phone over night ..... can't stand TVs in bedrooms .....

• PRO
    New Creation Interiors UK
    7 år siden
    I like to keep the bedroom gadget free - it's a place to wind down...with a good book!
  • Romain Brunache
    7 år siden

A bedroom is a place to rest, not to get connected

• PRO
    Geyser Radiators
    7 år siden

In a fast paced world I don't see why technology can't be beneficial in the bedroom...the Atlantic Maradja range of electric radiators that we offer can be controlled remotely by a smartphone app; this case has tech helping you relax. You can adjust the temperature without having to leave the comfort of your bed!

• User
    7 år siden

I've had to take it with me as I didn't want the kids on the open internet unsupervised. Anything I left in the loungeroom they'd nab.

• PRO
    Ground Kontrol Ltd
    7 år siden

We find that our clients prefer a range of tech in the bedroom from lighting control, heat control, wifi and mostly tv distribution

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.