s_wilson124

Small bathroom on a budget

s_wilson124
8 år siden
Please help with ideas to make my tiny bathroom special! I plan on replacing the vanity and using a Quartz top , removing the shower doors and repainting the walls. Can anyone suggest a color for the vanity and top, as well as a wall color and shower curtain?

Should I consider having the tiles reglazed to white instead of the present biscuit color? I would really appreciate some ideas that would look great and suit my limited budget.

(11) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år siden

call your fabricator to see what quartz remnants are available. find one you like and work from there. you'll save a bundle from ordering a whole slab for just a small part.

• marjie1059
    8 år siden

I agree that a remnant for the counter is the first thing on your search list. I don't know the price of reglazing tile, but I think I would leave the tile alone. Choose a counter with some color or pattern in it--there's a lot of white or almost white in the room. Depending on the pattern in the counter, choose one of the colors there to use in the wall paint. The counter and shower curtain should drive the other choices, and the counter would come first. I personally would want to replace the accessories..I like the oil-rubbed bronze finish, and it would contrast nicely with the light colors in the room. I don't think a light counter and light vanity do much for the imagination--I want to yawn when I see this combination.

What about a smaller version of something like this? I like the contrast of dark/light.

Soak Your Senses · Mere information

• PRO
    Deborah Vanderzel Designs
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

high contrast - black and white can work with many design styles - lose the toothbrush holder, the glass holder and some of the back splash and install a good sized framed vertical mirror. Good luck and have fun with it!

Hermosa Beach Design/ Build · Mere information

Custom Home in South Tampa · Mere information

• jhmarie
    8 år siden

I think the above suggestions are lovely. I might take advantage of the older tile and floor to do a vintage style, but that is because I like that style. There is "grout paint" which you could use to freshen the floor tile. I would still use a vanity because of the storage - the pics below are for color because I like a little color. Finding the countertop may be your first step and see what blends with it as far as walls and shower curtain. I have seen some quartz vanity tops with and without undermount sinks at home centers for a variety of prices - the lowest have a china sink - I prefer cast iron for durability.

Wyndmoor Residence bathroom · Mere information

• er612
    8 år siden

I like the current vanity but the taller ones are taller and offer much more storage. I would get an all white vanity (top could have subtle white/off-white pattern), remove everything from the walls and paint the walls white. I would not touch the tile. It's great as is.

• S Bailey
    8 år siden

Colorful artwork over the toilet, instead of the shelves, would introduce color (choose the art and the shower curtain to coordinate, of course) -- the more 2 dimensional feel of the art would make that space seem a bit bigger because those shelves project out into the room and the perfume bottles on them capture even more space.

• s_wilson124
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you everyone for some great suggestions! I'm considering going with a dark vanity as suggested, and keeping the tiles. I Like the suggestion of a picture over the toilet. Maybe I'll go with some earth tones which will go with the adjoining bedroom. Lots to good ideas to think about!
  • Maureen
    8 år siden

Something to consider, a dark vanity will make the bathroom feel smaller. The above pictures are of a lot larger washrooms. One more consideration - lol.

• s_wilson124
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thanks! Will look at what Home Depot and Lowes has to offer and work from there.
  • marjie1059
    8 år siden

Be sure to let us know what you have decided, and then give us some pics of when it's done! The room has some great features to give you a good start.

Going back to the pictures, I also think deleting the glass shelves and putting up a picture above the toilet would be a nice touch. The vanity would give you the storage you need, and the less things on shelves you have, the less fussy your cleaning will have to be.

Note on the vanity--in reading about bathrooms (both of mine need to be redone for structural reasons), one book pointed out that open shelves with towels (such as in the picture I posted-drat!) will allow the humidity of the room to settle on/in the towels, rendering them somewhat damp and not really pristine. So that may not be the best idea unless the towels will regularly be used and replaced. I.e., it wouldn't work as well if you have towels out for show.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.