Window color problem

Heather Dreiser
8 år siden
I need help fast. I am about to spend thousands of dollars 4000 to be exact to get my windows a custom color ( snowbound white- Sherwin Williams ) to match the exterior painted brick. The white color the windows from factory come in ( free ) is very very close to the Snowbound white color I picked for exterior yet may appear in certain light a more yellow undertone not clear and crisp. I am not good with color. I will have trees around my house and porch roof creating shadows etc on the windows throughout the day. The house has tons of windows bc of the colonial style with Eagle - Anderson's architecture windows and black shutters - so will I notice the difference and it destroy the look of the house I am building? What is your take on matching windows with exterior paint ? The photo shows a board painted with Snowbound ( exterior color) and a window in other color.

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år siden

I would spend the moneyon something else I think you will not really notice this

Heather Dreiser thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Hawthorn Development Group
    8 år siden

I agree, I think there are other places you could use the $4000, and don't forget, with double hungs, the screen is on the outside, so that will "block" the view of the color difference even more. Also, I'm thinking the painted brick will have all sorts of pits and pores and texture (which the board does not) which will disguise the color even further. And once you go through a year of weather, no one will notice except for you.

Heather Dreiser thanked Hawthorn Development Group
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.