erical62477

Cambria Ella

Erica L
8 år siden

Has anyone seen this new color? I was dead set on Torquay with our white shaker cabinets but just saw this on their website and it may be a better Carrara marble substitute in Quartz. I searched the forums and found nothing.

Also - had anyone seen Torquay in 6cm? My kitchen guy said that the seam would be noticeable?

thank you!

(46) kommentarer

• M DMD
    8 år siden

Yes I have seen it! I have a photo on my phone I took, and I also tracked one real life photo down online (the photos on their website are pointless and look computer generated) Let me log on on my cell and I will upload...

It's much more beautiful than I thought it would be. I'm planning to use it in my master bath. I really disliked the Brittanicca and didn't even take a photo.

Erica L thanked M DMD
  • M DMD
    8 år siden

• M DMD
    8 år siden

• M DMD
    8 år siden

And here is the other new one, the Brittanicca. I found this photo online. I personally don't like it.

• M DMD
    8 år siden

I saw at a stoneyard a Polarstone Calactta quartz which I thought was fantastic. I wouldn't say there is any real substitute for Carrara, but I walked past the Polarstone thinking it was a real marble.

• Erica L
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Hmmm... the Ella doesn't look at all like I pictured it to be based on the Cambria image. To me the lines are too bold... but I appreciate you sharing! I think I'm sticking with Torquay.

• oldbat2be
    8 år siden

Erica - we have the Torquay and it's good but I still lust after marble. Nice pictures, romy!

• PRO
    Huxman Custom Cabinets & Woodworking
    8 år siden

We are putting Ella Quartz in our kitchen. Should be in next week. We can take a picture and upload it

• Erica L
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Ooh!! I would love to see that... I'm still set on Torquay but have until February to change my mind. :)

• PRO
    8 år siden

I will upload it. Having trouble finding a good backsplash tile to match well. The Ella Quartz has a background blue/grey, most whites we have found are too white so it should be interesting!

• clamcake
    8 år siden

Hi I just got finished with my kitchen remodel and wanted to share for those looking to see the Cambria Ella Quartz. I was nervous at first of my choice because I wasn't able to see a large slab prior to and only looked at 12 x 12 samples, however I love it. I also had a hard time picking out backsplash but found this hand crafted subway tile in whisper white that has a slight wave to it so the light hits it at different angles. The center island we used 2 1/4 inch railcar planks so we used a wood tile made to look reclaimed as an accent over the stovetop. If you are having second thoughts on Ella ... don't... I just love it! (but that's my opinion) :)

• clamcake
    8 år siden

Kitchen Ideas · Mere information

Cambria Quartz "Ella"

• PRO
    8 år siden

Can you tell me the brand and color of backsplash and where purchased from. We are getting Ella installed next week and a coordinating backsplash has been very difficult. All the tiles we have in our area are too white. Please advise.

• clamcake
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Sure after all the tile stores I visited I actually ended up finding this at home depot

MS International

Model # PT-WW36

Internet # 204688439

Store SKU # 1000025826

Whisper White 3 in. x 6 in. Handcrafted Glazed Ceramic Wall Tile

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MS-International-Whisper-White-3-in-x-6-in-Handcrafted-Glazed-Ceramic-Wall-Tile-1-sq-ft-case-PT-WW36/204688439

For the grout I used 1/8 inch grout lines with color platinum

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    8 år siden

NIce.

• PRO
    8 år siden

We have finished the kitchen and I love that we chose Cambria Ella!!

• oldbat2be
    8 år siden
    Huxman, that's lovely!! Fabulous backsplash, too. Hopefully you are planning a reveal? I'll look forward to the details.
  • kelleg69
    8 år siden

clamcake, I love your kitchen! What color is the island?

• clamcake
    8 år siden

Thanks kelleg69! The island is SW 6236 Grays Harbor ...it's gray with a blue undertone.

• funkycamper
    8 år siden

That Grays Harbor is a lovely shade of gray. I had to open the thread because that's the name of the area I live I had no idea there was a color named after it. It certainly mimics the color of our skies when a storm is rolling in.

• goodiesforus
    8 år siden

I love that Ella countertop. Do you know how much it costs per sq feet? I am currently looking for countertops for our kitchen reno starting in 2 weeks. I was considering another one until I saw the ones posted here but wanted to get an idea of price.

• PRO
    8 år siden
    It's about $75 square foot
  • cristina
    8 år siden

Hi Huxman - Your kitchen is beautiful! We have chosen Ella as well and wondering if you went with the backsplash that clamcake went with.

Hi clamcake - Your kitchen is beautiful as well. We went with the same island pendants that you have from RH. I will be super happy if it looks half as good as your kitchen does!

• PRO
    8 år siden

Thank you. We went with a "white" 3 x 6 subway tile from a local designer. I do not have the details on the brand/color. We used Tec grout, color Silverado (light gray)

• cristina
    8 år siden

Thank you for the info. Can't wait till our Ella is installed next week.

• PRO
    8 år siden

You will love it. It is beautiful. I am so glad we went with this one.

• clamcake
    8 år siden

Thank you Cristina !! I love love the Ella .. No regrets at all ....everyone says something when they see it and the pendants are perfect ... I chose them because of the milk glass instead of clear for two reasons I didn't want to always be looking at the light bulb ( even though I love clear and hammered glass) and it also stays cleaner looking .. Can't wait for you to post pictures! :)

• cristina
    8 år siden

Love the milky glass as well. Got the fixtures in ORB to match our hardware. It's really coming along nicely. I am so happy to hear you love the Ella. I was a bit nervous picking it since I couldn't find many pics of it but after seeing the slabs, I knew I made the right decision. So how do you like the Whisper White backsplash tiles with the counter? Is it very stark white? Appreciate all your input!

• clamcake
    7 år siden

These particular tiles have a hand crafted slight wave to them, so in my opinion helps and is what makes it work well. The waves allows light to hit the backsplash at different angles creating sort of shimmery effect or otherwise not just a flat

color look ... If you look at the backsplash in these picture you can kind of see how the light reflects off of them.

Hope that explanation helps and makes sense :)

• cristina
    7 år siden

Hi clamcake - Your backsplash looks oh so pretty! I just love your kitchen! Thanks again for the close up photos. Our Ella is being installed next week and we are very excited. Can hopefully get a sample of the backsplash soon to see how it looks in our kitchen but looks like a winner. Greatly appreciate all your help!

• luettaw
    7 år siden

Beautiful Clamcake, love the island top. Where do you get 2 1/4 inch railcar planks?

• clamcake
    7 år siden

Thank you !! Well I live in TX so it might be easier for some then others but I found mine by just looking on my local Craigslist ... They are heavy planks and thick ... I love them

• Sarah Neher
    7 år siden

Does anyone know if Ella comes in honed finish? I am having a hard time finding quartz that comes in large slabs in the honed finish. I am trying to avoid a seem in a large island but like the look of satin or honed finish as opposed to super shiny.

• mrsr64
    7 år siden

I love what "CLAMBAKE" has done with the kitchen...beautiful backsplash tile match with the ELLA. I am really interested in seeing ANY pics of the ELLA Cambria quartz installed in a kitchen...In the reno process now...already chose ELLA months ago. (love it) to replace granite I've had for 10 years (tired of it). Trying to find good match or something that goes well for a backsplash...not crazy about "subway" pattern tho..but open to any tile and/or pattern that might work with my kitchen. I tend to be a bit eclectic in my design choices so any suggestions/ ideas would be helpful (I have dark ((reddish stain)) cabinets and dark ((autumn slate)) floors if this is any help. Thank you.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 år siden

"..already chose ELLA months ago. (love it) to replace granite I've had for 10 years (tired of it)."

I love being in the fashion business.

• mrsr64
    7 år siden

do YOU have any advice or suggestions for me pleaseeee??? being a "designer" and all! lol

• bdc4
    7 år siden

I have Ella counter top on my kitchen island. Installed about 6 months ago. We love the color however we are not happy with how it has held up. There are lots of smudge marks that appeared over the last few months and cannot be cleaned off. We use only the approved cleaners. Cambria sent a tech to inspect. The Tech agreed there are lots of marks. Tech tried everything to clean counter but no success. Cambria claimed that their limited warranty does not cover the problem. Cambria instead blamed the problem on me and alleged that I have misused my counter top in some fashion (all of their possible explanations for the problem I am having fit right into the listed exclusions to the warranty.) I am exploring legal remedies.

• jbgoeller
    6 år siden

Ella does come in honed, I just ordered it. !

• wannaknow2
    6 år siden

I realize that bdc4's post is 8 months old, but I wonder if you were able to get a satisfactory resolution to your problem. I hope that you did, for your sake, and for the sake of the rest of us who would be scared silly of Cambria's denials and not standing up to make the customer's experience a good one.

It reminds me to appreciate L.L. Bean's approach to ANY customer dissatisfaction - they want their customers to be completely satisfied; if not, return it, at any time. Their products may be more expensive, but their reputation is built on quality merchandise and excellent customer relations. (I DO NOT work nor have any connection to L.L. Bean other than being a satisfied customer.) Any business knows how important it is to have customers say good things about you, your product and reliability to others.

If I were Cambria, I would want to avoid having you publicly say something about the quality of this product not holding up as expected, expensive as it is, and to have you note for others considering using them that their customer relations are something to be wary about.

• jbgoeller
    6 år siden

Thanks wanna know2. I wanna know now as well.

• bubblyjock
    6 år siden

wannaknow2 - I couldn't agree more! Houzz has a HUGE following; I'm seriously considering Cambria for our kitchen, but when they disrespect the home-owner like that I find my eye wandering elsewhere. Here's hoping bdc4 got a satisfactory resolution from Cambria!

• wannaknow2
    6 år siden

Thanks everyone who wanna know. I'm sure Cambria is aware of and follows postings where they are mentioned. I hope bdc4 sees this and lets us know the (hopefully satisfactorily) outcome.

• cameronaw
    3 år siden

Has anyone used Bedrosian's Cloe Tile in White for a Cambria Ella backsplash?

• Carol Ann
    3 år siden

clamcake can you tell me what white you used for the cabinets please

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.