emmelinewe

POLL: Cherished gold - hit or miss?

Emmeline Westin
8 år siden

Dulux has announced their colour trend of the year and it's... (drumroll) Cherished Gold!

Our excellent editorial team have written a feature on it here if you want to take a closer look and learn how to incorporate it in your home.

What do you think of this golden hue? Is it a hit or a miss?

St Ives, Cornwall · Mere information

Hit
Miss

(15) kommentarer

• Tom Flanagan
    8 år siden

It's a miss for me this time - though I think the above image sways me in favour of the gold actually! :)

• User
    8 år siden

With the Roman blinds shut and with some spark of light , I presume this should be a hit. A bold painting above the bed would help as well as the wall paper is too plain.

• Fred Wonder
    8 år siden

Although I am ever fond of yellow everywhere and for everything, I am not convinced about this particular gold. It's just a bit too muddy for my tastes.

• jazza6
    8 år siden
    I love it....it's so happy
  • megsiepooh
    8 år siden

I'd get fed up with the pretentiousness of gold! I love yellow, deep mustardy amber yellow, maybe it's just me? Call it burnt yellow and I'd have been happy!

• PRO
    MaisieMoodesign
    8 år siden
    I love the gold, but Dulux have got to change their stylist & stop being so contrived!!
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Hello Emmeline,

Yes I like the idea of old gold... It's quite an ochre and lovely with earthy colours, charcoals, greys and browns and creams..... ... I agree though the image has not at all taken the spatial element into consideration.... It's all so one sided and right next to the window! The placement of things is typical of symmetrical styling which can be boring.... without a lot of creativity! As it is and working with what's there... and considering Maisie Moo's thoughts..

I'd move it all over... Hang the mirror over the bed landscape.. Paint the two side cabinets a matt charcoal to sit the oversized lamps on and move them further away from the bed so there is space! Replace the cushions with two large origami silk in charcoal by Nitin Goyal. Additionally just 2 of the old gold cushion and place a dark charcoal throw over the bottom of the bed to hide the end.. Sit the two pouffes at the end and put the bust on the floor next to the floor length window. This injection of charcoal will immediately lift the somewhat still bland scheme and tie in the beautiful radiator...

The rug is wrong, the baskets are wrong and so are the blinds and the vase of flowers.. but that's my Amber hue on it.... : ) )

If the little cabinets were painted a dark charcoal...I'd put these knobs on too... : ))

• nudejude
    8 år siden

Looks Ok' isn in the picture, but as I dislike yellow anywhere but in the garden it's not for me.

• PRO
    The Room Company
    8 år siden

I would suggest that a larger headboard upholstered in grey to balance the size of the lamps would be helpful together with a matching valance to tie the grey in. Is there a reason why the bed is so close to the window as there seems to be space to move the bed to a more central position.

• soozmacrae
    8 år siden

I like gold, not yellow though. I put quite a lot of it in my hallway, but reduced some of it as it was too much.

• Jackie Hales
    8 år siden
    It's never been my go to colour before and I certainly won't be swayed by the styling. Which as so many before me have pointed out is bland and uncomfortable on the eye.
  • Shepherd's of Cheshire
    8 år siden

We love the colour - but I'd agree that the styling in the image is a little bit too 'hotel'. When we get home we like it to look like home ! 'Cherished Gold' is a lovely earth yellow, which should make it very easy to live with - definitely a hit.

• Emmeline Westin
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thanks for your thoughts guys! Just to clarify, the image has nothing to do with Dulux or Cherished Gold. It's an image the editorial team found (uploaded by a pro on Houzz) and that they thought could illustrate this new trendy shade. So please feel free to share your thoughts on the colour itself, not the room!

• PRO
    Atelier Le Flamboyant
    8 år siden

Actually working on set of linen Roman blinds in this colour at the moment. I guess it does have appeal but something I'd get tired of living with!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.