mv5869

How can I brighten up this tiny loft room?

mv5869
8 år siden

This is the smallest room in the house. You need to duck to get into it.

That's an exposed roof girder at the front.

I'm wondering what I could do to brighten it up. My fiancee wants to paint it all white, walls and ceiling, but I think a different colour might work better. What do you think?

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    creativeorg
    8 år siden

Painting it a very light colour would definitely make it feel bigger. If you don't like the idea of white then you could always paint it a light grey or cream. It would also appear lighter if you painted out the beams and used light furniture. Putting up a mirror would also bounce the light around. Hope this helps.

• PRO
    Starlight Murals
    8 år siden

White would certainly do the trick, but may feel a little cold and bland. What about a soft pale yellow? This would add some colour and make it feel sunny when there is not a lot of natural light. If you also use white furniture it will help keep the whole feel of the room brighter.

mv5869 thanked Starlight Murals
  • nudejude
    8 år siden

I like the idea of white walls, but please don't paint the beam as you'll be hiding the character that most people love. If the desk is staying, why not paint that in a bright colour or a pastel whichever you prefer, and then add things to give texture, maybe a wicker waste bin if you're using the space as an office, a mirror to add a bit of shine and reflect light, perhaps even a sheepskin rug to add a bit of extra warmth and luxury. Then if you need some extra storage maybe add some dark wood shelves above the desk, which would help balance out all the white.

mv5869 thanked nudejude
  • PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    8 år siden
    I would certainly go white walls, and then maybe wallpaper that back wall in an interesting paper which has white background but introduces some colour. It will keep everything light and bright, but add a bit of sparkle!
  • PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    8 år siden
    Oh, and to paint the desk in white or a light grey could work too!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.