baby078

what can I do to improve the den area, that has real pine on the walls?

baby078
11 år siden
I would like to paint it, but I am not sure what to do! What will look fresh and last from year to year not a fad.
The house is over 35 years old.

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    JBC Real Estate and Design, LLC
    11 år siden
    Do you have a picture? I would definitely paint the wood. It will give the room a fresh, clean and updated look. The most important is to find a great painter to work on this. It is a lot of work and somewhat of an expense but well worth it!
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    Below are three pictures showing different ways you can paint your pine. In photo one, a whitewash is applied to the pine walls. In photo 2 the walls are painted the same white as the trim in the room. A different approach is used in photo 3 where a color was chosen for the walls, with white trim.

As for how best to achieve a lasting finish, I suggest you inquire at either a Sherwin-Williams store or a Benjamin Moore dealer. You can find many more photos of painted pine walls if you enter those words at the top of the page in the search box, then choose "photos" and then click on "search".
    Kate Davidson Design Inc · Mere information
    Henry Island · Mere information
    Bastrop County Plantation House · Mere information
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    11 år siden
    Carole's examples are on the money! Given the age of your home, the knotty pine is probably run vertically. Does it have a profile or detailing that make it look more like a beadboard? Not an issue, but I'd vote for the white wash.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    11 år siden
    Hey, Ironwood, my friends call me Carolyn.
  • PRO
    LOPFURNITURE
    11 år siden
    Be aware that the knots in pine will "sweat" through the paint, if you don't seal them before painting. That can be done with shellac. If not the sun and heat will create red, green or yellow spots - sooner or later.
  • PRO
    Signature Home Services
    11 år siden
    All are great suggestions! If you're going to hire someone, get a quote for removing the pine and re-sheetrocking/tape/bed/texturing and just painting. We got a quote for doing this for a client recently and the price was just $2-300 difference...a no brainer...the paneling came down!

Regardless...stay with the rustic look. Realize that with the pine it'll never be perfect and decorate accordingly! Have fun!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.