susienew

Help with colour for my shower

susienew
8 år siden
Hello, I'm about to create a shower cubicle very similar to this. The only difference is I have bought a traditional exposed valve shower. I had ordered a grey shower tray from JT but it's proving a devil to get delivered. I decided that a white tray would just not look right with the same grey tiles as you see in the pic. It would however save me a good £200 if I just picked up a white one. The size is 800mm by 1200mm with a 40mm profile. What do you think? Will a bright white tray go with dark grey walls?

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Daman of Witham
    8 år siden

You cant go wrong with white, as it will technically match anything, however grey trays do look very stylish, and with a dark feature wall it could look fantastic. We do not actively sell JT Trays, we prefer other manufacturers, one of the best grey trays at the moment would be the Merlyn truestone in fossil grey.

• susienew
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you Daman. I'm not so sure about a white tray. In my mind it doesn't work. I have another issue and that is that the drain needs to be at the edge because of the positioning of my joists and hence the waste. I agree that grey can look amazing, hence the difficulty!
  • tamp75
    8 år siden
    We were going to go with a grey tray to match in with dark grey walls & grey floor but ended up having white. The white tray is a great contrast to the grey & sets it off really well. It looks clean & fresh. But if you did go with white would you always be thinking 'what if?' - guess it also depends on how long you can wait to get a grey one sorted.
  • turquoisetree53
    8 år siden

A classic white tray could look fresh in contrast - and remember grey decor will inevitably, go out of fashion - maybe sooner, rather than later!

• PRO
    Goodwood Originals
    8 år siden

Grey is such a classy colour; you had this idea and it was your first instinct and wish; follow your heart.

• susienew
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    I did already!! Will post pics when the bathroom's finally finished next month. Thanks for everyone's input!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.